PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ksv
Tue, Feb-22-05, 11:15
Hi everyone, :yum:

I'm cassie,

this is my first time posting here, but I have been reading this forum off and on for I think a couple years. I first found it when researching low carbs for PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome).

I go back and forth between doing low carbs and doing regular diets of counting calories, or trying to eat healthy. The first time i tried low carbs was at the suggestion of my chiropractor/ nutritionist when I was 18. I lost about 11 lbs in the two week period, even eating tons of veggies. At other points in my life, I've done it as an emergency plan, or to feel more balanced when feeling addicted to sugar and simple carbs.

This past december, i started doing it again because i was eating too much sugar, drinking too much coffee and just overall stressed out. I quickly went from 134 to 126, and felt great.... despite a couple chocolate binges around xmas and my birthday. This january I moved up to a new school, and every weekend when I go home to my boyfriend's house, I eat for comfort - way too much, and too many carbs. I have gained up to 138, and it's making me miserable. I can tell that the way I'm eating, I need to cut out all the sugars again, and start to feel balanced.

We will be going to cancun in less than 2 weeks, so that is my initial motivation. The real motivating factor is just to feel balanced and myself again.

So, I will be trying to keep the carbs at around 20 g. This is kind of hard since i'm a lacto ovo vegetarian. I might eat some tuna just to get past the cheese and egg thing. It tends to work better, but it is not my preferred food.

This place is really great! I'm glad to have a spot to record everything.

Jiggerz
Wed, Feb-23-05, 08:16
Hi Cassie..... welcome to the forum :).

I believe there is an area within the forum for vegetarians, I'm not one.. so I don't know much about it. I think you're smart in that you know what works for you, in how it makes you feel...I think that'll be a great support in helping you keeping it together with your WOE. I really believe thats' what kept me with my Atkins, because when I went off plan at Christmas..... well, I felt like crap.. honestly. :)
Have fun in Cancun.

Michelle