PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gain??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Raphalel
Tue, Feb-22-05, 10:15
I'm a man in my late 40s and am 6'1". Up until my mid 30s, my weight stayed between 180-185, no matter what. Then I started having to control it.

The highest it ever got was about 232 For the past couple of years, it stayed around 215. This January, I decided to try and drop it down below 200.

I had put on about 12 pounds at the end of the year. I dropped that pretty quickly, on a standard low-calorie diet. Then I plateaued. (I have difficulty not drinking.)

About 10 days ago, I began Atkins, and have dropped 6 more pounds. Then I plateaued again. I began to think because of the drinking. I didn't drink last night. When I awoke this morning, I was up 2 pounds.

I cooked some mushrooms last night with butter, oil, and heavy cream. I can't imaging what else could have done it, though all that is supposed to be fine on Atkins, I thought.

Any ideas??

David Raphael

Jiggerz
Wed, Feb-23-05, 08:23
Hi David.. welcome to the forum. I think the 6 lbs you lost is great, considering your not that far away from goal. Scale fluxuations are so very common, please don't put all your hope of success into what those numbers say from day to day. For me, I'm up and down the span of 5 pounds daily... apparently sodium is an issue for me. I've learned.... well, I'm trying really hard to learn, that if I keep doing what I need to do.. following plan, that I will get where I want to be.

Also, think about starting a journal.. that way you can keep track of your progress..and its a way for the rest of us to stop by and visit. Posting daily food intake is helpful to some.. others are able to critique and offer suggestions.

Take care,
Michelle