PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Oregon

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Wazzodazz
Mon, Feb-21-05, 20:10
I am new to this website forum with signing up just today. I started Atkins two weeks ago as part of a study, but I also need to lose weight. Have just finished the Induction part and am starting week three today. Am excited to read everyone's posts about what has helped them stay on track.

Wolfie1
Mon, Feb-21-05, 20:16
Hi and welcome from a fellow Oregonian :D

What kind of study are you in? This is a great site and I'm sure you'll find all kind of support here. You might even consider creating a journal to help keep track of things and get support too :)

:wave:

Wolfie

acipenser
Mon, Feb-21-05, 20:18
hi there, just welcoming a fellow oregonian!!!

Wazzodazz
Mon, Feb-21-05, 20:29
Study is comparing various factors between the Dash Diet and the Atkins Diet. My food has been prepared for me the first 6 weeks of the study. (Yeah!) Then I go out on my own for the next 12 weeks and buy/cook for myself. After that time period (18 weeks), I am free to do what I want, but in a year I come back and tell the study folks exactly what I did do & how it went. I am getting alot of lab work and screenings done which I am very happy for. I actually found this website while trying to find Atkins-friendly restaurants in the Portland area for when I am launched out on my own after the initial 6 weeks. I really want to be successful with the weight-loss so am preparing ahead. Plus, it's giving me something to focus on other than the BREAD I am craving!!!

Wolfie1
Mon, Feb-21-05, 20:35
Okay, I'm a bit envious that you get all your meals fixed for you :lol: How cool is that! I tried the Dash diet for a while, but I feel so much better doing low carb. The bread cravings do go away! How do you feel so far? Is this conducted through OHSU?

Wazzodazz
Mon, Feb-21-05, 20:44
You know, I thought it would be awesome to have all the food prepared, too. But it gets old real fast even though I like all kinds of food. The menu repeats every 6 days. The breakfast is the most boring part with a baked egg dish & bacon, sausage or ham every morning. I can't wait to be out doing it myself. And yes, it is thru OHSU.

Wolfie1
Mon, Feb-21-05, 20:52
Ohhh, I bet it does get old :( Do you have big plans on what you are going to make when you are free? Feel free to stop by my journal if you like...you can see what I'm eating...hehe(the link is on the bottom of the posts on the right)

rach1786
Mon, Feb-21-05, 22:46
Good luck!