PDA

View Full Version : prediabetes question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lindy J.
Mon, Feb-21-05, 16:59
Hi,

I am concerned that I may have pre-diabetes. My blood sugars have been running about 130-140, even as high as 170, 45 min.-1 hour after a meal. Usually it is down below 120 after 2 hours, but not always. I have also had some lows around 60-70 with symptoms (shaky, hungry etc.) I also have fasting blood sugars between 103-114. But not everyday, somedays they are in the 90's.

Do you think I should be concerned with these numbers or is this normal?

Thanks for your input.

Jiggerz
Wed, Feb-23-05, 08:27
Hi Linda.. and welcome to the forum. I really don't know much about diabetes.. but I do know that if you're concerned about something that doesn't feel right.. i.e. shaky, hungry, that you should see your doctor about it. There is a diabetic area of the forum, so you might want to poke around there for some information.

Take care,
Michelle