PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha YZF-R1 Possible in a Year?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

YZF-R1
Mon, Feb-21-05, 01:17
Hey guys n gals,
My girl got my into this thing, so other than her im planning on getting a bike as motivation, The Yamaha RZF-R1. My goal is 100 lbs of fat in a year, with the help of resistance training.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/mcy/500/05r1_blk_beauty7a.jpg

Im currently weighing in at 313 lost about 3 lbs in a week, probably water weight... but without knowing I lost, I had begun feeling better about myself.
The only thing I miss is sunflower seeds. But i know they will always be here and probably out live me. So, wish me luck and luck too you all. :thup:

Unholy
Mon, Feb-21-05, 01:21
Hey YZF,

You and I are both using the same thing as motivation I have told myself when I get down to 200lbs which will be sometime this year I will be getting myself the '05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R :)

http://www.kawasaki.com/kawasaki_main/images/products/MOTORCYCLE/1475_1024.jpg

mizz
Mon, Feb-21-05, 02:38
oooooo unholy, thank you for posting. it really is motivating us to stick to this seeing that you just started a few months ago and are already having great success. congratulations! i finally got my bf (^ first post) to join me on my low carb journey. i wanna see both you boys take pics on your new bikes!

and welcome babe! hehe good luck!

jun keater
Mon, Feb-21-05, 04:19
Holy smokes! If I get to my goal weight will you get me one too!! What a motivator!! You came to the right place for support & encouragement - WELCOME to the forum!!

Goat Lady
Mon, Feb-21-05, 06:20
Hello and Welcome! What a great motivator! Don't know where you are from but Hubby has a '04 Suzuki GSX 1300 R Hayabusa...we're going to Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon) in August. Maybe we'll plan another one next year and we'll all have to take a ride on the 11 mile strech with 318 turns in it!! I'm pumped to go this year...but need to lose some more so I can get into some leathers! (Click on the link and you can view hubby's bike :) )

Good Luck w/your success and let us know how things are going! :)

YZF-R1
Tue, Feb-22-05, 18:25
Ive heard of the dragons tail before, In california we have a couple of canyons that we usually ride in out little sentra's (se-r). I could only imagine the rush in a bike :thup:

unholy, great job man, and like my girl said very good motivation, seeing as you weighed just as much as i did.

I do like the hayabusa's although that might be a little too much power under my crotch :lol: