PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tedpas44
Sun, Feb-20-05, 09:08
I was blindly ignoring my excess weight and have been steadily gaining for years. With my first visit to a doctor 9 days ago in almost 8 yrs., suddenly the minor infection which brought me there was trivial and I was advised that my b/p was critical. "We" were going to focus on that issue before worrying about anything else.
This new person in my life suddenly took charge of things and talked with me for a very solid hour. Notice I did say talked with me. I think that was key to his gaining my respect, and his use of the "we" word, made me feel like I had someone who cared about me.
He spoke with me about Atkins, and I stated that I had taken off about 40lbs some 15yrs ago with Atkins. He then introduced me to South Beach and told me he wanted me on it. I nodded my head in agreement and have begun the process of learning about it.
So, in addition to some medications he prescribed for me, he had me agreeing to following South Beach.
My search for information led me here and I feel fortunate to have found this group. I live alone and I don't get much in the way of feedback from co-workers. I have no family members in this area.
Thanks for being here, and I'm going to close for now and wish everyone well.

Stutz101
Sun, Feb-20-05, 09:29
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find it a great place for information, inspiration and encouragement! You're very lucky to have found a doctor that will take the time to talk to you for so long and to encourage you to do something that most MD's don't really know about or approve of (my doctor only moderately agrees with my way of eating - results are hard to argue with though).

You might want to start a journal. It will give you a place that people can stop by when they want to say hi to you and will help you keep track of your progress.

Again, welcome!

bellybuton
Sun, Feb-20-05, 10:20
Welcome to the forum!!!! We all tend to become in a way family here. :)

Hope you stick around and get to make a bunch of friends that you can call family. We are all just a click of a button away.

Good luck on your South Beach journey!

tedpas44
Sun, Feb-20-05, 10:58
Thanks Stutz & Bellybutton,
You are both making me feel like I have found a new home.
I can't begin to talk about how disconnected I have becomre from people, but more on that later.
I will get my journal started and welcome other's impressions.
Thanks again.

bellybuton
Sun, Feb-20-05, 11:04
Yes please do start a journal!!!

And visit HERE (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184409&page=1&pp=15) ! Judy post alot of her meals and she is on South beach!

Sweetcake
Sun, Feb-20-05, 11:22
Welcome to the forum!! It is a wondeful place to get all the support you need... start that journal... it really helps!!