PDA

View Full Version : Soon to start

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SkyBuffalo
Fri, Feb-18-05, 23:11
Well hello everyone. I'll be starting a diet soon so I've decided to sign-up here to get some motivation and support. I have quite a bit to lose so it won't be easy but I have to try to make an effort. I'm planning on using the Atkins diet as a base but really I am just going to go general low carb. I tried low carb once before and lost a few pounds. I think the theory behind low carbing is solid. It's just hard to follow diets like this with so many carb pushers all around you.

More than losing weight I hope to improve my overall health and that includes my mental health and the way I look at things. Time will tell what really will happen to me. I know a change in my life is needed and that's a fact. I hope to spend more time here getting to know you and reading your experiences dealing with weightloss. So for now hello again to everyone. Let's live, learn, and prosper.

Sweetcake
Sat, Feb-19-05, 08:24
Welcome to the forum...

Jiggerz
Sat, Feb-19-05, 08:52
Welcome to the forum Sky, don't forget to check out the gallery for some real inspiration. You might consider starting a journal also.

bluesfan88
Sat, Feb-19-05, 12:00
hi and welcome to the forum. yuo are going to do great on this wol! good luck . starting a journal is a great thing as jiggerz said.

SkyBuffalo
Sun, Feb-20-05, 18:55
Thanks for the support. Good luck to you too.

spiritof72
Sun, Feb-20-05, 19:39
Hello, and welcome! You'll find lots of great support and information here on the forum.

One thing to think about: eating LC is most successful when it's not a "diet," but rather a permanent change in the way you eat and think about food. "Diet" implies a temporary cutback in certain foods to achieve a goal weight, but once you add those foods back in, the results turn out to have been temporary.

Also, one of the other members here has a hilarious quote in his signature, that's a play off of "Karate Kid": "you LC do yes, or you LC do no. You LC do 'guess so', squish, just like grape." Atkins is not for everyone, but my suggestion would be to see if you can run the induction gauntlet for fourteen days. Heck, anyone can do anything for fourteen days! Tell yourself than when you get to that 2-week mark, if you've hated every minute of it, you can always adjust your plan. Then again, you might hit that 2-week mark feeling marvelous and ready to make Atkins a permanent part of your life!

I am sure you'll do great!

SkyBuffalo
Tue, Feb-22-05, 23:17
Thanks again. You're right about the term diet and commitment. Gameday is coming soon!

bob2112
Wed, Feb-23-05, 07:47
Welcome to the forums.