PDA

View Full Version : My low carb update

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Candi
Mon, Oct-15-01, 06:28
Just a little post because i'm feeling pretty good about the way things are going for me on the WOE. Today is the first day of month 3 for me. In 2 months I lost exactly 16 lbs and that was with very little exercise. In the past 2 months. I did have two small cheats.. one was a slice of pizza and the other was a sandwhich in which the fixings were melted onto the bread too much to take the bread off so I decided to just eat the bread also. Still despite those 2 small set backs.. I stuck to the diet extremely well and drank almost all my water ever day which is actaully the hardest thing for me. I cut out all artificial sweetners.. except for the one "reward for getting threw the week" diet caffine free pepsi. Not only are 16lbs gone. But also I haven't had a single migrain in 2 months. When right before this WOE I was having them 3/4 times a week.. Usually one really bad one and then 2/3 smaller ones during a weeks time. The doctors had prescribed every type of meds for them.. they must have change the prescription at least 4 times over the past year.. but I kept having really bad reactions to the meds finally they said that all I could really handle was some plain asprin with a bit of codine it them.. They doctors did mention that ther could be certain foods such a chocolate that set them off but in my case they were sure they were stress related so they didn't look that far into my diet. But now after not having a single one since I started this woe, I have no dobut that it was the sugar that was causing them. Getting rid of those headaches alone is worth more than anything.. even if I hadn't lost a single pound.. not having those are reason enough to stay on this WOE

Ruth
Mon, Oct-15-01, 23:08
Hi Candi,

Congratulations on your weight loss & the "miraculous" loss of migraine headaches. You must be feeling wonderful! Thinner & healthier. :cheer: :cheer:

You rock, girl!

Ruth :spin: :roll: :spin: