PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Wolfie1
Fri, Feb-18-05, 11:40
I just wanted to introduce myself since I've been lurking around here for a while ;) I'm back on low carb after a long hiatus and it sure feels good to be back. I'm married college student living in the beautiful state of Oregon. I love the outdoors, dogs, and my garden :agree:

I hope to get to know some of you better :wave:

Wolfie1

48fan
Fri, Feb-18-05, 11:54
Welcome and welcome back to low carb. What kind of dogs do you have? I love dogs...got three myself (white lab, border collie, and pug mix). Just wanted to say hi.

Wolfie1
Fri, Feb-18-05, 12:02
Ohhh you have a border collie...they are so much fun :-) I don't think I have heard of a white lab though? I bet your pug mix is just adorable. Sadly, I only have one dog now: One very spoiled Doberman.

Don't dogs just make your day?

48fan
Fri, Feb-18-05, 12:10
Absolutely...my border collie, I'll let you baby sit one day and you'll truly understand the fun. He's energy 24/7. But I wouldn't trade him for the world. A white lab is not as common as the other colors. They're essentially white or a very, very light yellow. She's a cutie and very loyal. My pug mix...well..he's interesting. He's a couch potato and a smoocher (the vet thinks and we agree...he's a pug (tail), boxer (got the face and muscle), beagle (ears and feet) mix). Interesting.

I was never a big dog person before, but then my ex-husband wanted a dog so I got my border collie (Rosco). My fiance had the lab (Rivher) and we since acquired the pug (Bud). Now if only I had the energy and metabolism of my border collie, I wouldn't be trying to lose weight.

Doberman's are cute(at least, i think they are)...do you have the ears cut or are they natural?

What kind of custom plan are you on?

Wolfie1
Fri, Feb-18-05, 12:23
LOL! I love to dog sit...heheh I have watched a border collie before...ran me ragged, but still an adorable dog. Like you, I could only hope for such energy! River sounds like a sweety and I'm still trying to imagine what Bud looks like :lol:

Dobermans are cute and mine still has the long silky ears. She's a Blue though and often not recognized as a Doberman.

I'm on a plan suggested by my doc after some girl problems. It's basically like the old Atkins plan( that I had great success on in 1998), but a bit more liberal on the veggies. None of the low carb treats that are out there...you know like candy, icecream, and that kind of thing?

48fan
Fri, Feb-18-05, 12:57
Has the plan been helping?

I'm not on induction anymore. I allow myself some more flexibility the veggies and fruit so I usually have 20-30 carbs a day. I like it better that way, and i lose better at those amounts.

I also have been have female issues due primarily I think to bc and weight issues (plus I'm getting old and haven't had kids yet...I'm have several friends near my age with fertility issues so I'm trying to get healthy all around). So that's what I'm working on...plus my fiance and I boat on the river a lot and I have to get into my bathing suit.

Your puppy sounds cute...I've seen the blues and I like them. Plus, I'm glad to hear the ears aren't cut...they have such soft ears. BTW...trying to picture Bud, the pug mix, very difficult...have to see him to understand the mix.

Hope your day is going well and that you're enjoying the nice weather...keep me posted on things. Perhaps we can help each other out.

Goat Lady
Fri, Feb-18-05, 13:11
Hello Wolfie and Welcome to the boards! It's nice to see dog lovers on the board! I myself have 2 Cane Corso's (Italian Mastiffs) and a little 22 pound mutt that we found on the front doorstep in the snow freezing. I asked hubby if we could bring her in so she could get warm and she's been w/us ever since (that was 3 years ago!!) The dog in my aviator is "Kong"...he's 11 months old in the picture and 130 pounds....not sure what he weighs now...He's now 14 months old...

Anyway...didn't mean to ramble on....soooo... WELCOME!!! :)

Wolfie1
Fri, Feb-18-05, 15:46
Goat Lady,

I love the pic of your dog...he is so cute! He looks like big guy :agree: I don't think that I could resist a dog on my door step either. Once a puppy came into our yard during the summer and it was a really hot day. DH and I grabbed her and gave her some water and shade. I tell you, we would have kept her if her "Dad" hadn't come along looking for her. I'm such a sucker :o

Anyway, thank you for the welcome!

:wave:

Wolfie