PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BigAngel
Fri, Feb-18-05, 10:14
undefined :wave: I am new on the boards, so greetings to everyone who reads this. I am at my heaviest, although my weight has always been a problem. I haven't tried low-carb dieting before and have no clue what I should cut out of my diet. I am all for exercise but cannot seem to find the right type for me. The area where I live is too dangerous for walking around, so if anyone knows of some exercises I can do at home, please feel free to reply to this post. I have a back and neck problem so exercises involving those parts is out of the question. Someone please help me.

Stutz101
Fri, Feb-18-05, 10:44
Hi Angel and welcome! Since you aren't sure where to start with changing your eating, you might want to start with looking at the different plans and picking one that you think you can follow. Follow this link (or paste it into your browser if I didn't activate it right) to check out the different plans - http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/

There are several exercises you can do at home and there are books in the library that you can check out to learn what they are. Maybe you could go walking in the mall, lots of people do that - there are whole clubs devoted to it! Or maybe you can join a gym. In a gym you can consult with a personal trainer who can design a program that will accomodate your neck/back problems.

So, it's time to do the homework, pick a path and get rolling! These boards are great for encouragement and feedback! If you have questions, there are lots of people willing to help! Congratulations on making the decision to get started!

bob2112
Fri, Feb-18-05, 10:59
Welcome to the forums and best wishes as you move foward. I think you will find this a great place for support and motivation.

jgmusicfan
Fri, Feb-18-05, 11:21
Have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution? YOu need to read it...the WHOLE thing, before you get started. I've been LCing for years and I STILL keep it near the bed for occasional refreshers. You'll do your body a lot of damage if you don't start the way you should, so just make sure you're doing it all correctly!! Welcome to the boards!

sheba
Fri, Feb-18-05, 15:50
Welcome to the boards, I am a returner and this is just the best site I ever found for support. Look at all the stuff people are recommending and just get your head around low carbing so you control what you eat. I am 280 pounds at the moment but am determined it will go this time. I was really struck by you saying you can't walk safe at night, i live in the middle of the countryside in Cornwall UK and although we dont have street lights i feel safe at night. I guess things like exercise balls would be good, or swimming is always a good exercise.

Take care and keep in touch

LindaB