PDA

View Full Version : metabolic supplements - Metabolife?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bri-Guy
Sun, Oct-14-01, 15:06
Does anyone know anything about metabolife pills? I have been taking them for a little while now. I just wanted to know if anyone had any info on if they would help this diet out, or slow it down? Thanks!

Crowbear
Mon, Oct-15-01, 12:07
One of the main ingredients in Metabolife is Guarana which is supposed be a lot like caffiene, even inducing the same side effects as caffiene. I myself had been taking the pure guarana pills and felt very awake etc. But after reading the Atkins new revolution diet, and having him mention that caffiene can actually constrict the weight loss I made a decision to avoid the guarana while doing this, only using it from time to time. Hope this helps :)

John2001
Thu, Oct-18-01, 16:43
I personally have not tryed this product. Sounds like your basic ECA stack / therogenic product. Some folks have good luck with these and others do not.

I used to drink several cups-o-coffee thruout the day and have omitted them completely now. (Well, every 2-weeks, a half a cup)

My sister has been on Aktins for close to a year now, and never stopped drinking coffee and has lost a LOT of weight.

Think it just depends on the person and how they react to it.

Just my 2-cents.
Cheers , John ;)

AmyJ
Fri, Oct-26-01, 06:04
I can tell you that they work great for my husband (reduces his appetite) but for me, they were a nightmare...

When I began taking Metabolife it seemed to take away my hunger and I probably lost a few pounds (I took for about a month) but then I started experiencing strange feelings and wierd side effects. (seeing wiggly lines in my vision, lightheadedness etc.,)

Went to family doc who did tons of test. He referred me to a neurologist who admitted me to the hospital for more tests. Meanwhile, I had not even thought about the Metabolife being a cause. They did chest X-rays, and CT scans and MRI's and could not find any cause. I was discharged and told to take an asprin a day. :rolleyes:

About two weeks later, my symptoms had completely subsided and I started taking the Metabolife again.. within a day my symptoms were coming back... :idea:

Decided that THAT was the problem. Something in them.. not sure what... does not agree with my body. So be careful when you take products with herbal ingredients. I think they do work for some but not all.

AmyJ