PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

48fan
Wed, Feb-16-05, 15:49
Just wanted to take a moment and say hello. I'm new to posting here but have lurked for a while. I started Atkins in March 2004 and did really well until this last September when I fell (okay I jumped) off the wagon. It took me a while but a gained back a lot of the weight that I had lost. Now I'm back. I realized that I ate so much better and felt so much better on Atkins.

Restarted on January 24th, and have been doing fairly well (lost what like 14 pounds or something). I try not to let the scale dictate my life (i'm one of those must weigh everyday people...don't know why...just do it), and this time around I'm measuring myself and have noticed a pretty decent loss of inches (i've alreay lost three inches from hips and waist). That huge pooch is much smaller now...yay!

Well...wanted to introduce myself...and any words of encouragement are greatly appreciated. I'm the only one in my family, friends, etc, to lc so I decided to get some needed support and lc interaction here.

lianna
Wed, Feb-16-05, 16:27
If you have been lurking for a while you already know that this is a great place to get advice and motivation. Good luck and welcome back!

48fan
Wed, Feb-16-05, 16:34
Most definitely...I know that there are very knowledgeable people. I also know that I'm not the only one to have questions or go through certain feelings or emotions when dealing with my weight/food issues. I think I primarily went astray due to a lack of support. I was doing Atkins for me...but without the support, it was really hard. I've decided, I can do this and if I need support, I can come here. Atkins, here on out.

LordWill21
Wed, Feb-16-05, 20:35
Welcome -&- good luck! :)