PDA

View Full Version : help...getting frustrated!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dawn W
Wed, Feb-16-05, 05:35
I have been doing atkins for 2.5 weeks,lost 13lbs,then put on 1.25lbs.I felt really rough yesterday and ended up having a coffee (with sugar and 1 cookie)I felt much better afterwards :yum: ....but 1.25lbs??? Has anyone out there also found atkins makes them ill(havent had the energy surge yet) or am i just asking for too much to quick?I think because i feel so rough i have been eating too little,i have been drinking LOADS of water and am taking a multi-vitamin/fibre supp/vitamin E. Any insight from anyone who has felt similar and got through it would be gratefully recieved.

Goat Lady
Wed, Feb-16-05, 07:44
Not eating enough could be why you're not feeling well. That's the beauty of this way of life. You eat when you are hungry and sometimes you eat when you know you are suppossed to. Just as long as it's the "legal" foods. Don't fret about the 1.25 lbs. could be water weight, could be something else. Womens bodies fluctuate anyway like that.

You've done great with the 13 pounds...you will lose slowly now so expect that. Sorry I wasn't much help, but maybe try and eat more and see if that helps. (just keep it legal) Or you could post some of your menus and we can take a look at them.

Good Luck and again congrats on the loss! :)

Dawn W
Wed, Feb-16-05, 10:14
many thanks for your advise goat lady
here is todays menu: 2 black coffees
2 cans pepsi lite
enough water!
breakfast: 2chicken franks
1.5 cups iceberg lettuce
2oz grated cheddar
1tblsp mayo
lunch: 2 pork ribs
snack:s/f jello with 1 tblsp heavy cream
handful mixed nuts...macademia/walnut/pecan

tommiec68
Wed, Feb-16-05, 10:37
Hello Dawn and welcome. I am by no means an expert but thought I would give you my thoughts on your foods. #1 more veggies. Instead of iceburg lettuce or in addition to add some other fresh greens. It is my understanding that iceburg dosent contain much if any nutrients. I would also have a serving of veggies with supper. #2 the nuts. You may want to wait until you have lost some of your weight to add those in. Everyone is different as to how nuts affect them. I noticed better weight loss once I cut those out. #3 I would suggest a better alternative to the pork rinds for lunch. Yes they are allowed and I eat them sometimes too as a snack. #4 jello. Yes it used by many and they do fine. Again some people respond differently to it. I stoped havin it for now too. You should strive to consume allowable foods that are whole and nutritious. Trial and error has been an ongoing learning for me. Dont give up, you are off to a good start.
In regards to your fealing ill, this is NORMAL. When we start this woe (way of eating) our bodies go through some major changes. It will get better.
I hope I have not discouraged you because that is not my intintion. Perhaps you could start using the MY P.L.A.N to keep an eye on your carbs, calories, fat and protien intake. Others who know much more than I could look at that and offer advise.

Hang in there, we can do this!!!!