PDA

View Full Version : Ketone pink is soooo pretty

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Doodle
Sun, Oct-14-01, 09:14
I am feeling so good today, and... wait for it... optimistic! I have huge amounts of energy, even if I use every scrap of it on running upstairs to pee. I am going out tonight though, so that will be a test.
I am showing traces on the ketones strip, but this morning it was darker - at the middle area, is it all the water I am drinking that is diluting the results since that initial test? ( I drank a litre and a half in the first hour and a half upon waking... and more since - and I know i shouldn't really latch on to the test results so eagerly, but I can't help it, it feels so encouraging to have them there). How long is it meant to take to get into ketosis? Didn't I read 48 hours? any more help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Doods

Natrushka
Sun, Oct-14-01, 10:03
Getting into ketosis is different for everyone, just as whether caffiene or artificial sweeteners effect loss is different for everyone. I have no idea how long it took me as I didnt use a ketostix for the first 10 days of LC (Protein power doesnt put the emphasis on it that Atkin's does). The important thing is that you're losing and you're encouraged to continue. And yes, the water you're drinking will effect the colour (i.e. make the sticks lighter), as will when you take the reading and whether or not you've eaten anything fatty or had any alcohol prior.

Nat