PDA

View Full Version : Exercise???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

firespirit
Sat, Oct-13-01, 20:32
:help: This body doesn't do exercise

I used to love to exercise when I was smaller: played basketball, loved bicycling, hiking, swimming, etc.

Now(confession )I take the car around the corner at the apartment complex to get the mail. The doctor says walking, swimming, and water aerobics are all a good way to go. And they all sound like fun, but I just cannot seem to get going. Every once in a while I get the urge to take a brief walk--especially if I drive out of the city to the mountains around here--but once is enough, and then I find that 2 months later I've not done another thing that is really exercise :(

Any suggestions or words of encouragement--I don't want to wake up one day and find I'm a permanent couch potato :exclm:

Holly
Sat, Oct-13-01, 23:42
Is there any chance of finding an excersize buddy where you live? I have found that the only thing that keeps me going when I dont feel like it is my buddy.

I have been looking for one here, I might put an ad in the local paper. I have been trying to think of other places to look too.

Holly

Ka3n
Sun, Oct-14-01, 02:59
Have you considered video tapes? Before you buy them, you can rent them at the video store to see if it's for you or not.

Another idea is Yoga. You can do a clas one day a week and then do it everyday on your own. It's such a great workout (but not cardio). I like the Yoga for Buddah Bodies. It's just my speed!

Good Luck!

firespirit
Sun, Oct-14-01, 18:38
Thanks for the ideas.

I had an exercise buddy--but it seems that we both managed to get "too busy" at the same time. For some reason it does make it alot easier with someone else to push me on. I've suggested for a couple weeks now to my buddy that we go walking, but it never works out. Of course what do I do--turn on the silly TV rather than take the walk myself.

Hmmm-Yoga? I used to do a few poses as a routine once a day when I was a little smaller. I could probably still do most of them.

fiona
Tue, Oct-16-01, 11:24
Exercise is always a challenge for me too. What helped me was NOT going to the gym or a Keep-fit class: two or 3 of those and I would come up with a reason why I couldn’t go next time and not only would the whole idea of exercise collapse but I would give myself a real hard time about it.

I started building it into my daily routine. 5min. immediately on waking up and building on it. Read all about it in my Exercise Journal (Gym logs). I think the Exercise logs are wonderful for focussing on what my very next step is going to be. My latest motivation is to set myself a daily MINIMUM for exercise ‘cos once I get started I actually enjoy it so much I can carry on.

Take Energetic care

Ruth
Mon, Oct-22-01, 20:48
Hi firespirit!

Hey, it's a lot better to do exercise voluntarily, rather than be forced into in like I am. *LOL* As part of my recovery from a herniated disk this summer, I am now using the employee's fitness centre @ my office to strengthen my back & ab muscles.

I purposely do my workouts alone, because it would be too easy for me to "jam out" if my buddy wasn't there. This has been a problem in the past for me. To me, making the decision to exercise is similar to choosing to change your way of eating. As noted above, this decision was made for me :rolleyes: ;) Both are lifestyle changes that only you can control and be responsible for. I'd already lost 40 lbs b4 I started my workouts and that has made it easier.

Confession: There was no exercise program during my first 5 months of LC and first 40 lbs. I don't think my feet & joints could have stood the stress at 285. That's my excuse & I'm sticking to it! I told friends that I'd start exercising after I lost some weight, then the disk thing happened & my physiotherapist & Dr have got me going. I don't ever want to go back to the physical state I was in this summer, so I may *LOL* have a wee bit more motivation than most others to be faithful to my new regime.

Fiona has some great ideas. Read her journal and exercise log to find out some of the things she did (different, I think, but effective). I'm very fortunate in that every time I've joined the fitness centre, the regulars there are very encouraging (and I'm twice the size of most of them). Nobody puts me down for my size. So I'm very lucky.

Last minute thought: 2 yrs ago I tried to walk regularly, but wasn't successful until I decided to get my walks in as part of getting home from work. There is an excellent strip of shops (especially fresh, cheap produce) about 1 km from my home. Since I was using the bus to & from work, I'd just go shopping for veggies etc on my way home & was guaranteed a 1 km walk. Taking the bus home was optional but I could often get home faster walking than waiting for the bus.

Hope some of my ramblings help,

:wave: Ruth :daze:

firespirit
Tue, Oct-23-01, 00:54
Thanks Ruth,

I am trying! and I did start a "gym log" of my own. But I'm really finding it difficult to get the walking in. I only work 1 mile from my apartment. I used to walk at least 2 times a week to and from work, but lately....... :o

You do have a point about the buddy thing--It is fun when there is someone else there--But then it is so easy to just not "do" when the buddy isn't there.

This week I've had some problems with my back/neck which have made even wallking nearly impossible. I slept wrong about 3 days ago; and today I could barely turn my neck, or by end of day hold my head up. My mom is really into chiropractic care, and she thinks I need to see somebody about it. I keep hoping I'll just wake up doing better, and rubbing liniment and tea tree oil on my shoulders and neck. I have been doing some light stretching exercises, trying to stretch out the "kinks".

Feel free to check out my gym log to see if I'm making any progress. Thanks again for the words of encouragement and advice ;)

Ruth
Tue, Oct-23-01, 01:09
Owwie!

A pain in the neck is a pain in the neck. (Please don't shoot me for that). I am a believer in chiropractic, however massage therapy could be even better. In my case, a sore neck is usually caused by tight muscles, especially if I've 'slept wrong'. Get thee to a registered massage therapist. When you're not feeling well you should go easy on yourself, don't expect to live up to your exercise goals as if you were well.

:there: That's as close as I can get to giving you a neck rub.

Take care,

Ruth

aiya
Mon, Nov-12-01, 20:55
Dear Firespirit,

What about some "insensible exercise" like thin people do? When I started out, I tried to get up and get my own stuff instead of asking the kids to get it. I parked a little farther away from the door of the store. I tried to just do a little more so I wouldn't get discouraged, and It paid off in more energy almost immediately. We overeaters can tend to be overdoers in other ways too. If you're carrying 50 to 100 pounds, you are already weightlifting! Just lift it aroud the house or the office a little more often. Nowadays, I'm taking the stairs and going out to the mailbox. I even go for a walk or a bike ride occasionally.

Good luck! ;) Aiya

firespirit
Tue, Nov-13-01, 10:20
aiya,

thanks! I have been parking farther away from the door, etc. and have done a little more towards regular exercise since I posted this...doing some walking around my apt. complex. Once I get moving, I even seem to enjoy it....but it remains so hard just to get moving. And I know I need to move it more :D

Sh'ra
Fri, Nov-16-01, 16:24
Firespirit,
I have the same problem you do - motivating to just do it. I do enjoy myself most times once I'm doing it, but it's just the getting myself to get off my duff - and, I've been pretty much exhausted when I get home from work (been off the low-carb for awhile now, and my whole system's messed up again).

One thing I've decided to do is whenever I'm alone in the house (so as not to embarass myself if my husband or daughter sees :D ) is turning on some music I REALLY like and just jamming around, dancing, acting the fool. It's fun, gives me the giggles, and works up a sweat. I try to do this with housework (which I detest) too...blasting the music and making it a game. I like "15-minute pickup", which is basically setting the egg timer and running around like a madwoman to clean up as much as I can within 15 minutes. We do this as a family sometimes, and make it kind of a race.

Just another couple of ideas :)

Sh'ra

firespirit
Sat, Nov-17-01, 00:54
sh'ra

Welcome aboard...I've read a few of your posts and I'm glad you are here. Every once in a while I do the "music jam dance around like a nut" thing....but not often enough. I hate cleaning, so I might try the 15 min. thing. Sometimes when I know cleaning must be done, but I don't want to do it, I have what I call the 10 rule. I get up and must get 10 things accomplished before I land again on my tush to read, watch tv, computer, etc. Kinda silly, but it gets the work done.

I have been walking semi regularly...but I am really struggling to make it daily. I think I need a secret motivation potion ;) :wave:

misselly
Sat, Nov-17-01, 09:31
Hi... get some small weights....5 pounds, 10 pounds and get those muscles rebuilt....they use up more calories than fat.... I joined Curves and have noticed a huge difference.

firespirit
Sat, Nov-17-01, 11:34
Hi... get some small weights....5 pounds, 10 pounds and get those muscles rebuilt

I have those small weights already--3lb, 5 lb, and small ones w/little removable weights. I think I last used them about a year ago. :o :eek:

I guess I'm just going to have to stop being sooooo lazy, or maybe soooo busy....there are just a million and one things that I can do/need to do that always come before exercise in my noggin :exclm:

I'm trying to make some committed decisions about my life, and I'm using this unexpected time off work to do a lot of thinking, praying, and planning. Exercise and better physical health is one of those decisions I must make.

Maybe I'll come out of this with more focus and determination--if I don't this weight is going to kill me :(

misselly
Sat, Nov-17-01, 11:46
if you really want prayer, I can agree with you in prayer...something I love to do and often see wonderful results with the big guy in our camp.....

firespirit
Sat, Nov-17-01, 11:53
Thanks Miss Elly,

One thing I do know for sure. Nothing I do will succeed without the big guy making it possible. Sometimes I guess I just think its a little silly to think that He would be concerned with little old me in the corner of this world wanting to lose weight, be healthier. I guess I just tend to think He might be busy with more important things. ;)

vrandall
Sun, Nov-18-01, 02:13
I understand perfectly. I hate exercise. But I am trying something new that has worked for 1 week ( which of course doesn't mean anything)

I have a treadmill in my bedroom setting in front of a TV. On the Nov. 1 I walked 1 minute. . . On Nov 2 I walked 2 minutes. .. Nov 3 - 3 minutes. This morning I walked 18 minutes. I plan to keep increasing until I am up to 30 minutes every day.

As a distraction, I pop a movie into the VCR and watch only as long as I am walking.

I also walk in the morning when I feel the most fresh and energetic. . . I'll keep you posted on my progress.

firespirit
Sun, Nov-18-01, 10:00
vrandall,

That is really cool :idea:

Some friends got me to the gym last year--it was my first time on a treadmill. Made wierd discoveries like I drag my feet when I walk :spin: I enjoyed the gym, but know I would find it hard to fit into my daily schedule...I don't really want to spend money that I could find useful elsewhere and then not go!

I did enjoy the treadmill though, and have thought about getting one. I see them for sale for about what gym membership would cost me. My apartment is so small though, I just don't know :q:

There is a pool at the apartment, and I have free weights in my possession already (just don't use them!), so a treadmill might make me a well rounded gym all my own. I'm still trying to make a decision which way to go. The treadmill thing is really useful out here in the desert, because I find it way to hot 2/3 of the year to really enjoy my walk outside...unless I go up to the mountains!

Sh'ra
Mon, Nov-19-01, 15:56
Originally posted by firespirit
sh'ra

Welcome aboard...I've read a few of your posts and I'm glad you are here. Every once in a while I do the "music jam dance around like a nut" thing....but not often enough. I hate cleaning, so I might try the 15 min. thing. Sometimes when I know cleaning must be done, but I don't want to do it, I have what I call the 10 rule. I get up and must get 10 things accomplished before I land again on my tush to read, watch tv, computer, etc. Kinda silly, but it gets the work done.

I have been walking semi regularly...but I am really struggling to make it daily. I think I need a secret motivation potion ;) :wave:

Thanks for the welcome - I'm glad I FOUND this place. I really needed the support of others. Don't want to tell those around me what I'm doing (except husband and daughter, just so they'll know) because until there are results again, I really don't wanna hear the junk.

That ten things accomplished thing sounds like a good idea, too. Maybe I'll try that one :) I hate house cleaning as well; maybe blending it with exercise will be more motivating to do both - one can only hope. :rolleyes:

Sh'ra

kezza
Tue, Nov-20-01, 08:35
Hi vrandall,

Originally posted by vrandall
I understand perfectly. I hate exercise. But I am trying something new that has worked for 1 week ( which of course doesn't mean anything) I have a treadmill in my bedroom setting in front of a TV. On the Nov. 1 I walked 1 minute. . . On Nov 2 I walked 2 minutes. .. Nov 3 - 3 minutes. This morning I walked 18 minutes. I plan to keep increasing until I am up to 30 minutes every day.
As a distraction, I pop a movie into the VCR and watch only as long as I am walking.
I also walk in the morning when I feel the most fresh and energetic. . . I'll keep you posted on my progress.

I think this is a great idea!
When you said 'which of course doesnt mean anything ' it reminded of something that I have found to be true.
If you do something for 21 days straight it is likely to become a habit!!! Interesting , hey!
So if you have done this exercise idea for 7 days straight it does mean something.... You are one third of the way to turning it into a positive habit. :thup: :thup:
Way to go!! :roll:
Kezza :wave:

Victoria
Sat, Nov-24-01, 08:31
I too have a hard time becoming motivated to exercise regularly. I think as I got bigger the less I moved. And then I geometrically gained the weight. So...becoming more active should be a by product of losing the weight. But I find myself being a slug 90% of the time. My little son, who is only 9 years old needs to lose weight too. So we've agreed to start walking together. If the focus is on my son and not me maybe I will get up and go.

One thing my daughter said last night as we went to the mall...she said I walk faster now that I have lost some weight. I'm not much of a mall shopper, but it was good to do that much walking and not be bored. The main thing is that my feet don't hurt anymore, so I can walk without hurting myself. I think I appreciate all the little things as they show themselves while I am on the way down. Little victories!!!

I have been browsing for an exercise video that I could do at home when the weather gets bad. Anyone have a good one they would recommend? Something low impact but fun. Renting them first sounds like a great idea to see if it's one I would enjoy. But thought someone would have a favorite that they would tell me about. :roll: Victoria

RamonaK
Sat, Nov-24-01, 15:02
Hey you guys.. another Arizonan here!

Speaking of exercise video.. my sister has one I have been using.. called Walk the Weight Away... I am not typically a video person.. but it works great.. low impact... seems like the time just flys by.... they have a series of 1 mile/18 mins then a 3 mile and then I think a 5 mile... she bought them on an infomercial here in the U.S. I will double check the title and instructor and let you know.. mean while... keep moving.. :p

Ramona

Victoria
Sat, Nov-24-01, 16:45
Thanks Ramona,
I appreciate your help...I think I saw something like that on amazon.com but will wait for your info... Thank you. Always nice to hear recommendations. :wave: Victoria

Andy Davies
Thu, Nov-29-01, 21:42
OK, this is the way I see it. No-one's point of view but my own, and not representative of the forum as a whole...

Exercise should be avoided. It sounds absurd, the way everyone lives these days, but think of this. Man is a predator. Predators lie in weight, then pounce on prey, maybe after a short chase. You may also have to run a short distance to get away from danger. But there is nothing historically relevant to man in running around, or taking violent or strenuous exercise. Indeed, the reverse is true. Heart attacks are directly linked to exercise, even if slim, fit, healthy young people. Many of us are none of those things! In all creatures, nature seeks to protect the heart, and although the big cats of the African plains can and do sprint after prey, they spend a considerable time "lazing" and "lounging" around. Does nature punish them for laziness? No, of course not. Nature does not punish any species for "laziness" (i.e. lack of energetic activity) and that includes humans. If anything, the reverse is true. Energetic exercise is punished by heart attacks. These are especially likely and dangerous among people who are overweight.

So is there any exercise I recommend? Well, yes. Half an hour of brisk walking immediately before breakfast has been shown to assist weight loss. It is thought that this is to do with bile being produced a pint of it can be drawn down from half an hour's brisk walking, and somehow this seems to aid digestion of the food. The exercise of walking can also benefit the circulation, and get some fresh air deep into the lungs. As for anything more energetic? Not on your nelly. In my view, sport is unhealthy. Don't believe me? Just look at all the broken limbs, arthritis, lumbago, spine injuries, collision injuries, strokes and heart attacks sportsmen suffer. The only other exercise I would personally recommend is swimming, provided it is relaxed and sedate, and not forced and competitive. Oh, and as one or two others have said, just going actively about your daily life.

Also, any diet worth it's salt should be capable of losing weight without having to rely on exercise to do the trick..What about wheelchair users and people like me (currently incapacitated)? Plus there is the need, after taking exercise, to eat and drink a greater intake of energy than you have expended. No, exercise is best avoided.

Please note. This is a personal viewpoint. It is not intended to represent anyone else except me, and it is not intended to persuade anyone else.

Andy

Victoria
Thu, Nov-29-01, 22:07
Andy,
I have never heard your point of view. Truly. You have thought about this carefully haven't you? Well, it brought a smile to my face. Now I don't have to feel GUILTY for not being a athletic person. I just want to be more active and feel good when walking. I used to walk all the time when I was thin. I want to be that person again. But I am also aware of this large body and am careful not to overdo it or hurt it. Thank you for sharing your point of view...I enjoyed it. :daze: Victoria

Andy Davies
Fri, Nov-30-01, 07:49
Thanks Victoria, glad to have done it. I felt sure someone would be pleased, and I'm delighted that praise came in first, before the undoubted criticisms!

Andy

fiona
Sat, Dec-01-01, 15:29
Trust you to come up with something like that Andy! I might think it but would never dare to SAY it. ;)

I do agree that exercise purely for the sake of exercise is pointless and unnatural. I just could not make myself do it. And when I do I cannot maintain it for long.

However turn it into doing something fun - walking to take in the beauty of nature; losing myself in the ecstacy of dancing and it certainly does lift me up physiologically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.

It does help to have a routine of some sort and a variety of different ways to start off the "exercise" process. On my bad days when I don't even want to get out of bed I have developed a strategy of "twiddling" my toes. That's the starting point which leads to a stretch, throwing off the bedclothes and just moving arms and legs. Before I know it I am up and heading for that first cup of tea. But if I didn't start with the twiddling my toes I might still be in bed an hour later!!

Take Care.

chrepmom
Sat, Dec-01-01, 16:49
I too used to like various forms of exercise when I was younger, but now I have found the best exercise for me. It doesn't make me sweat a lot, it doesn't take a lot of time, it doesn't make my heart rate to absolute top, but it's steady, easy and it makes me feel great. Here is what I do:
Every other day I walk in place in front of my t.v. I use 2 lb. hand weights and do a lot of arm lifts and such while walking or marching. Sometimes I'll do some leg lifts and other little variations, but mostly fast walking or marching in place. I've really noticed my back and arms are thinner too from the hand weights.
If I am watching a good show, the 20 min. goes really fast. Sometimes I can't find anything on tv to watch, so I turn down the sound and play some music that I used to do aerobic dancing to a long time ago.
It's really easy and good to lower cholesterol. Mabye 30, 40 or 50 min. would be more ideal, but I know that I will stick with this because it's not too much, it's just right!
Good luck!
Cynthia

Andy Davies
Sat, Dec-01-01, 22:21
Hi Cynthia, and welcome to this forum. First post, eh? Well, maybe you will want to keep a journal (many people find this a help, and enjoy interacting with others following this way of eating) and there are various other parts of the site which we hope you will find interesting and instructive. Thanks for your input, which I am sure Firespirit will be interested to read.

Dear Fiona, how diplomatic and inspirational you are! I like the idea of the toe-wiggle - it can represent all actions, thoughts and progress. Before even the first step, there has to be a wiggle. And before the wiggle, a thought which motivates it. But translating the thought into the action requires positive action. The wiggle symbolises that.

Cynthia, I like the idea of you marching about in front of your television - wonder what the neighbours would think!

Andy

kezza
Sun, Dec-02-01, 06:10
I've said it in a few other places so sorry if it is boring but I find exercise sooooo draining and unpleasant in humid Bribane that I rarely do it at all!!
I had thought I was just making excuses until I had a holiday in England , in Winter, and found walking over fells, from village to village and all around London absolutely fab.
Gone was the laboured breath and the sweat pouring off me. I felt alive and vital.
Was it the cooler weather that made the difference? Walking outside in 0 to 5 degrees celius, often through snow, was much easier than 30 to 35 degrees celius (with up to 80% humidity).
OR...
Was it just a new exciting experience that I was not going to miss?

I personally think when it gets very hot/humid it could be very dangerous to be exercising too much. IF I'm going to excercise ( note IF because I really don't do it much) I do it in the morning or evening.

The rest of the time I just try to live activitly- my job involves a lot of walking and standing up. I like to go swimming with my children- no laps just mucking about in the pool.
:daze: :daze: :daze:
That's my 5 cents worth (we have phased out two cent pieces in Aussie)
See ya, kezza :wave:

firespirit
Tue, Dec-04-01, 16:30
Cynthia,

I use the TV too!!! When I do my strength training with free weights. I have this habit of watching what I am doing--which changes the position of the body. So I watch TV and thus keep my eyes straight ahead and my posture correct, instead of trying to see what I'm doing. :rolleyes: :D It also keeps me from being sooo bored.

Lately though I haven't done much exercise. It seems that I stop and start with the exercise as I once did with LC eating :eek: :o

Andy, that is a pretty interesting point of view--especially as I was just thinking that I might see more downward movement of the scale or the pants size if I'd just move my lazy butt a little more :rolleyes:

I'm not interested in being an exercise dynamo :thdown: :thdown: :thdown: That's just not me. But I would like to be able to walk more than 10 minutes without being tired, and I like being able to reach down and touch my toes.

How much exercise to do is definitely a personal choice. I'm just searching for my balance with it. :q: :q: :confused:

Sh'ra
Tue, Dec-04-01, 16:41
Kezza,
Yes, hot humid weather makes a HUGE difference when walking. I live in Missouri, USA, and in the winter it is fine to exercise and move around, and enjoyable (though this winter hasn't even seemed to start yet - it's 70 degrees Farenheit today, when usually this time of year is cold - around 0 - 5 celsius)

But in summer, the humidity here is awful, and the heat can rise up to over 100% Farenheit (I don' t have the conversions to tell you what in C, but I imagine you're used to the same types of temps in Brisbane :) )

In the summer, when I walk out of my house or office, the heat and humidity nearly take my breath away - you just can't breathe right in that kind of atmosphere.

Guess we'll just have to be sedentary :D

Sh'ra

kezza
Wed, Dec-05-01, 07:42
Hi Sh'ra,
Great to hear that other people understand about humidity. It is like walking into a steamed up bathroom sometimes. I'm sure their are even more humid places to live than Brisbane and Missouri! Imagine that?!ARGHH! :thdown:

This summer school holidays (which will start soon) I have lots of renovating inside the house to do and gardening outside. If I paint inside during the day and garden outside in the cool of the evenings, I'll get lots of exercise in and it won't be so awful. (I usually decorate on school holidays). :)
Maybe that is the secret for us non-exercisers- disguise exercise as living and we will do it.
see ya,
kezza :wave:

Sh'ra
Thu, Dec-06-01, 10:58
Kezza,

Could you imagine living in a sweltering tropical forest??? Urgh!!!

That's what I tend to do - try to turn house cleaning into exercise, or dance around while I'm doing it. I don't garden much, though, due to the humidity, but my husband does. I pick 'em, he plants 'em :D

Sh'ra

kezza
Sat, Dec-08-01, 06:10
Sh'ra, I can imagine what it would be like to live in a tropical forest!! NOT FOR ME !

I have been trying to do that disguise exercise as living thing and it seems to be working.

Yesterday I spent 2 and a half hours moving things out one my classroom storeroom to the one next door. (Moving classroom time at my school). Lots of bending, lifting, stretching and I felt tired but really pleased with my effort. :)

Today I went for a big swim with my children. Brisbane has a lovely park on the banks of the river, right in the centre of town. And in the middle of the park is a huge landscaped public pool, even a beach!! and quite a few acres of tropical gardens.
After the swim....or wrestle...(you know what children are like in water)...we went for a long stroll around the park. :thup:

This kind of exercise is what I like to do. I just can't stick with repetitive exercise like walking machines, step and rowing machines or any 'gym ' based stuff. :daze: :daze: :daze:
But I know some of you love it!
Viva la difference! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
seeya
kezza :wave:

BaileyWS
Fri, Dec-14-01, 10:23
I thought I knew humidity ... then I moved to Texas -- the Gulf coast! Ugh! This week it's been raining ... colder today (50's), but earlier this week it was in the mid to upper seventies and so humid! That's why I decided to excercise at Curves for Women ... it's an air-conditioned gym ... and I can get out of that nasty humidity.

And another thing that goes with the heat and humidity -- bugs! Lots and lots of mosquitos! It just feels wrong when I spray myself with bug spray before putting up the outside Christmas decorations!

I was raised in New York ... so I'm really not used to this.

gecolon
Wed, Dec-19-01, 17:09
I'm with you fire. I used to be very athletic my whole life until I hit about 28. Then I just quit. I have no motivation. I tried a while back (about a month) and was getting into a little routine, but it made me too hungry. For now I am eating the way that I'm supposed to, and an exercise program will be my ace in the whole when I hit a plateau.

Sh'ra
Thu, Dec-20-01, 14:22
**LOL** Wendy - I felt the same way when I was visiting my uncle in Austin (we also spent a little time at the beach - both North and South Padre), and it feld WIERD to be slapping at bugs when the holidays were upon us. Here in Missouri, it gets sweltering and humid in the summer, but at least in winter the bugs go away. Right now, we've been having warmer-than average temps (last year this time we had 1 1/2 feet of snow on the ground), but it's starting to get chilly. I'm liking it, though I prefer warm weather.

I'm parking further away from my office now, to get more walking in. That's helping somewhat with exercise. Been draggy sick though, so haven't done much else.

Sh'ra