PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and know I need help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Priceless
Mon, Feb-14-05, 11:44
My name is Sharon, I'm 44 years old and live in small town Alberta Canada. I have been overweight for over 2/3 of my life and am currently big enough for two. I have been doing lots of reading and research on low-carb lifestyles and it is time to put everything into action. I am a shift-worker working 10 hour rotations 24/7 in a stressfull by sedentary job and have a very difficult time keeping to a schedule for eating and exercise (work and travel is 12 hours a day, and trying to get enough sleep to function doesn't leave many hours in a day). I would love tips and advice from anyone who is a shift worker and/or has successfully lost 100+ pounds. Today is the first day of the rest of my life ... and I'm hoping I'm not even to the halfway mark (agewise anyway).

nikotyme
Mon, Feb-14-05, 12:05
Hi Sharon

Welcome aboard, great to have you with us.

I'm not familiar with your chosen plan but I know there are alot on here who are and I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you out.

I'm thinking maybe it might be a plan to post in the TDC forum, that's the Triple Digits group, for people who have 100 or more pounds to lose. They have a whole other perspective on the weighty issues (pardon the pun), and maybe you'll run across one who can give you hints about shift working meal planning.

Anywho, it's great to have another Canuckle head amongst us, best of luck to you.

DaddioM
Mon, Feb-14-05, 19:52
Hi!!

This site has been a tremendous source of inspiration for me. I don't think I could have made goal without it. If you're ready, this is the place to be!!

I created this post from a collection of hints/tips from my own experiences and others.

Hope it helps.. and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175492

Mike

Kathleen1
Mon, Feb-14-05, 21:37
Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll find the help and support you're looking for here. Good luck !