PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Great pics Ruth

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Liz
Sat, Oct-13-01, 13:31
Sorry I missed the dinner. I was up at Pender Harbour enjoying blessings of another kind. Beautiful weather and beautiful spot. I must try the photo from above technique. Since my passport expired, I decided I'd get photos taken so I could renew. Well, I went to about 4 different places for a passport pic, and hated every single one. In the stark lighting, all that showed up was jowls and chins. The camera hates me. On the other hand, maybe it's just accurate. Ah well. The last time my driver's licence expired (about a year ago) I went in to motorvehicle branch to get a new one. A couple of weeks later, a new licence arrived. You know that wincing feeling you have inside when you're about to see your licence photo for the first time? I looked at my photo blankly for a couple of seconds, and then realized it was a photo of some strange man. Motor vehicle branch had made a mistake. What gets me though, is that for a couple of beats, I really didn't register that the face wasn't me. Maybe it's a good thing I wasn't at the dinner. My ego probably couldn't have taken it. I haven't checked new recipes yet, but I hope some of the ones at the dinner, especially pumpkin chiffon, have been posted.

Maybe see the crowd at the next Vancouver dinner.

r.mines
Sat, Oct-13-01, 15:07
Originally posted by Liz
The last time my driver's licence expired (about a year ago) I went in to motorvehicle branch to get a new one. A couple of weeks later, a new licence arrived. You know that wincing feeling you have inside when you're about to see your licence photo for the first time? I looked at my photo blankly for a couple of seconds, and then realized it was a photo of some strange man. Motor vehicle branch had made a mistake.

Geez, I almost spilled water all over my keyboard, Liz!!! :eek: That's the funniest thing I've read all day!

Reminds me of when a friend of mine went to Costa Rica. She loves wildlife, so she photographed a sea turtle laying its eggs on the beach. When she got her pictures back from the developer's, instead of the sea turtle she was expecting, there was this picture of some kid's pet turtle sitting on a tabletop!

I wonder what the kid got?

Rachel

numberonewendy
Sun, Oct-14-01, 20:42
LOL...you two have me in stitches here....LOL