PDA

View Full Version : does this affect your period?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Debbie E.
Sat, Oct-13-01, 12:08
I've been on the LC diet for 2 months now and i wanted to know if this affects your period. I got it the first month when i started but now i'm almost two weeks late (i know it's not possible for me to be pregnant). Can this be because i've lost weight and excerising now. And i'm eating differently??

Natrushka
Sat, Oct-13-01, 12:57
Yes, switching to LC generally does effect your TOM. I've only had the one but I've found it much shorter, and PMS was almost non existant (just a day of extreme exhaustion instead of three or four coupled with back aches, head aches, bloating and outlandish cravings).

Theres a good thread on the board concering this topic:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15285

It should answer a lot of your questions.

Nat

Debbie E.
Sat, Oct-13-01, 15:19
That thread didn't really answer my question, has this happened to anyone else???

dwala
Tue, Oct-23-01, 05:38
Debbie,

It can affect your period. If you aren't worried about pregnancy, maybe you could just wait a while and see how things go?

Anytime I don't eat sugar my periods are much more gentle! hope you find the same benefit.

-Dwala