PDA

View Full Version : New to The Board

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

upnsmoke
Fri, Feb-11-05, 10:12
Hi all! :wave: I restarted Atkins on 1/10 after being off it for 3 years. I was on Atkins for about two and one half years. Lost 40 pounds in 4 months and kept it off for two years plus. Started travelling and put the 40 pounds back on slowly over two years. I tried to restart a few times but was never successful. I found it very difficult to kick into Ketosis again or maybe I was just to impatient with not seeing the weight come off quick enough.

I am committed again and have seen pretty good results so far. I lost 8 pounds in induction and have averaged about a pound per week since. My starting weight was 208 and my goal is 178. I look forward to chatting with you and receiving and hopefully being able to provide some support.

Goat Lady
Fri, Feb-11-05, 10:14
Hello and Welcome upnsmoke! Glad to have you aboard! Congrats on your loss....Great job! :)

North_Guy
Fri, Feb-11-05, 10:34
Great start! welcome to the forum!! and back to low carbing!! Wishing you nothing but success!!

skippie
Fri, Feb-11-05, 13:25
Welcome, For sure this has to be a lifetime change. Been there too. Good Luck.

:wave:

upnsmoke
Sat, Feb-12-05, 19:33
Thanks for all of the support!