PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shirlfe
Fri, Oct-12-01, 06:45
Hi I am a newbie here. This looks like a good place to be. Starting Atkins today. I am from Texas and right now it is nice fall weather here. Need advice. Shirley

Atriana
Fri, Oct-12-01, 06:52
Welcome Shirley!
Advice for Atkins Induction? I would say to read the book, keep track of your carbs at www.fitday.com, drink more water that you think you can, start a journal on this site, try to get rid of all the high carb stuff you might have in your house, take your measurements (they can change even when your weight doesn't seem to be changing) and promise yourself not to cheat at least during induction (There are plenty of "legal" treats you can have after). Also take a good multivitamin and at least some extra potassium and magnesium. Good luck!

Shirlfe
Fri, Oct-12-01, 06:56
I have some Atkins vitamins. Would they have the potassium and magnesium I need? Thanks. Shirley