PDA

View Full Version : heartburn

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tjmcgee
Fri, Oct-12-01, 05:09
HELP!!! Hi everyone! I'm Tonya and new here. This is my 5th day on the atkins plan. The first 2 days were good but now I seem to be getting heartburn ALOT! Does anyone else have this problem? If so what can I take as I'm pretty sure there is sugar in antacids?

Natrushka
Fri, Oct-12-01, 06:29
Tonya I moved your post from "bootcamp" to "general health issues" where it will be more likely to be seen by those who can help you.

Nat

wsgts
Fri, Oct-12-01, 11:32
Well, I had the heartburn problem before I started Atkins. Ended up that is how they discovered my diabetes.

The chalky anacids didn't work well for me, and if they did only for a few minutes. There are some over the counter stuff available for temporary relief. I had good luck with zantac 75 and tagament hb; these will slow down the production of stomach acid. They are capsules and don't have sugar.
Anyway, if you don't get better in a couple weeks, you should see a doctor.

Good luck,
wsgts

tjmcgee
Fri, Oct-12-01, 13:29
Nat
Thank-You! I really don't have a clue on how
to navigate this site or what it all means.
I'm glad there is someone like you out there
to guide me.