PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! Any ideas ......?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

boxcanyon
Wed, Feb-09-05, 14:44
Howdy! Boy am I glad I found this site. I am hoping someone can help me. I started LC in Oct. last year and steadily lost until the end of december, but had a lot of trouble staying in Ketosis. Usually it was trace if anything. I have started working out more int the last 2 weeks but don't always show ketosis even with that. I dring 76oz of water a day and keep my carbs at 20 or below. Since december I have gained back 4 lbs. with many fluctuations. I don't bother to weigh or measure during TOM as that is always depressing. I have lost inches mostly but have gained some back in some places too. Is all this part of the process or is this a stall or platoe? :help:

I hate the keto sticks becuase even on the days I workout really hard they only show a little ketosis. A few times I have gotten up to 40 on the stick but can't figure out why that day and not another just like it. I keep a journal and count carbs without cheating.

Iowagirl
Wed, Feb-09-05, 16:23
I wouldn't worry about the color of the sticks, they will drive you nuts.

I don't know what kind of workouts you do but you may be gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. It is possible that you may be losing inches but not pounds. Do you take your measurements?

Some have found if they increase their carbs a tad (say 30 in your case) that weight loss resumes. Can't explain that, I just know it sometimes works.

Good luck!

boxcanyon
Wed, Feb-09-05, 18:56
I guess the sticks must work for some people but not me lol.

I have kept up with my measurements and gained 3/4 inch at the waist, 1/4 at the wrist, 1/4 at the bicep, 1/4 at the thigh, but lost 1 inch at the chest, 1/4 at the hips 1 1/4 at the calf 1/2 and 1/2 at the ankle. I am a bit confused wether I am still losing or stalling because of the mixed results.

I agree that I am probubly building some muscle and that would explain the weight gain (I hope!). I do push myself as much as I can and am occasionaly sore after so that would be muscle building I guess. :agree:

I have to admit I am afraid to go up in carbs especially when I am not losing but gaining! I thought maybe I would try eating a few more smaller meals and change up my excercising a bit and see if I keep gaining or start losing again. I am also going to count calories just to see how many I eat just in case they are way out there.

I would appreciate anymore suggestions or recommendations and thanks in advance for the help ;)

Yaberhoo
Wed, Feb-09-05, 19:27
If you post a couple of your menus, that could give a clue as to what is stalling you (if you are stalled).