PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hi and hoping for tips

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ozanne2000
Wed, Feb-09-05, 02:24
undefinedHello all - My name is Bekki - I live in Mandurah Western Australia. I have been on a low acrb plan with my naturopath for the last 6 weeks and have lost 8 kilos - which I'm happy with so far. I would like to loose another 8. I have been at a bit of a plateau for the last 10 days and after a visit to my naturopath I am back on it strictly again. That plateau phase knocked my dedication - but I must say taht these last 2 days of being back on the plan properly have knocked me for six. The headaches -weakness - lethargy ! Blahhh! The naturopath has increased the amount of protein I'm on by 60g a day but I must say I'm pretty hungry and am craving heaps of sugar. I bought an advantage bar yeterday and have slowly nibbled it over the last 24 hours. At $4.50 I daren't eat it quicker! :nono:
I spent the weekend eating all sorts of bad stuff knowing that I needed to knuckle down this week and I think that's why I am suffering. I did hot chips, 2 rolls and a few alcoholic drinks. I was at a festival so bought from what was available there. Yep I could have packed a backpack but the weather was damn hot and it was a Rock Music Festival -dancing is not condusive to abackpack full of carrotsticks!!! No excuses here I know I was bad! :o Tomorrow I am off to another concert but will try to take a chicken and salad.
Weekends and night time after my son goes to bed are my downfall.....any tips?
The plan I am on is UltraLight. With 4 drink sachets I take to supplement my meals. Any thoughts on this?
Bekki

frazzled
Wed, Feb-09-05, 03:29
Dear Bekkie,
I also struggle with nighttime when the kids go to bed. A few tips - clean your teeth, it is amazing that often clean teeth will take away the urge to eat sugar. Another idea my lady gave me, who is helping, is that one meal a week is off and I have what I want. I know that Friday dinner is all holes barred and I will have a big block of chocolate or whatever I want. I don't seem to be craving as I know Friday is coming. Weekends are hard and you have to be organised. Do get some bars and cut them up and always have something in your handbag with you. It is impossible to be good when you are hungry.
Frazzled