PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jlaurie
Tue, Feb-08-05, 12:30
Hey everyone. So glad I found this site. My husband and I started Atkins January 20th and we've done really well on it. I recently had bunion surgery on both my feet and was laid up for a while and was starting to gain weight. I went on Atkins and I've lost 7 pounds in 2 and a half weeks with no exercise (because I can't right now). Anyway, I'm only 4'11'' and I weighed about 108 when I got married. I had a baby about 14 months ago and before I started Atkins I was at 135. I'm down to 128 now and I wanna keep going till I reach 110 then I want to maintain that by doing the ATkins for life program. The only thing hard is that pasta is my favorite food and I miss it so much. Does anyone know of a low-carb pasta that doesn't taste gummy and gross?

Allergymom
Tue, Feb-08-05, 17:59
Welcome aboard..

Best of luck with your weightloss endeavor..You dont have that much to loose so if you stick with the program it will come of quick..Them bunions..Not fun surgery..My daughter is only 11 and has them..I didn't inherit them..She got them from my side but not me..lucky kid..Her left food is really bad..But, will have to wait till her feet quit growing before doing surgery..Wishing you a speedy recovery..Good luck

jlaurie
Thu, Feb-10-05, 18:02
Poor thing. 11 is so young. And I thought I was young. Well, it is smart to wait until they quit growing. I also inherited them from my mom's side but not my mom. Strange, huh? Anyway, I cheated on my diet for the first time in 21 days and I'm trying not to feel to guilty b/c I got right back on it after. I ate half a cheesecake and I'm in induction on Atkins so that was like my whole day of carbs. Oh well. My husband and I actually have a "cheat" day once a month which works well for us. We are trying to save it for Valentine's Day. My favorite food in the world is Spahgetti and Meatballs! We are gonna have Italian! We are really good about getting right back on the diet the next day. We had done Atkins years ago for several months and I don't know why we ever stopped b/c it worked so well and we felt so good.

North_Guy
Fri, Feb-11-05, 01:11
Well its very important to get back on that LC wagon as soon as possible often one cheat leads to another then another next thing you know your off it all together and wondering what the heck happened LOL Glad to see you and your hubby are in this as a team thats nice to have the support right there in the home like that!! WTG on making LC your choice in life, wishing you both nothing but success!

kAd
Fri, Feb-11-05, 06:20
Welcome to the boards :wave:

jlaurie
Fri, Feb-11-05, 11:40
I often get a grilled chicken caesar salad with no croutons when I go out to eat with others. Sometimes it seems to be the only sensible thing on the entire menu. Is this a good low carb choice? What about the caesar dressing? I've read that it is but I just want others opinions. Also, what do you guys order when you go out to eat. I am out all the time b/c of Real Estate and my clients are always pigging out on bread and potatoes and I try to keep my order low carb - hot wings, salad, meet and greens. Any other suggestions?undefinedundefined

nutsnseeds
Fri, Feb-11-05, 12:07
If you are not on induction try Dreamfields pasta - there are multiple threads on here about it. It is a LC pasta but not made of soy and tastes exactly like "regular" pasta. Some people experience stalls on it but I use it about once a month for a treat.

skippie
Fri, Feb-11-05, 13:19
Welcome, Dream Fields Pasta is GREAT. I only have it about once a month also. I don't want the cravings to start back up. Good Luck with your recovery.

:wave: