PDA

View Full Version : The new PLAN?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ljw32
Mon, Feb-07-05, 15:54
Has anyone checked out the new link on top MY PLAN? I just saw it and don't have much time to check it out- but it looks much like fitday and I think it will be great once I can figure it out!!

LC-Laur
Mon, Feb-07-05, 16:00
It took me a little while, but I got it all set up and I loooooove it. Much better than fitday. They still haven't added the option of putting in sugar alcohols, but I've been told it's coming soon.... The exercise section has more choices than fitday too (and you can add custom exercises). If you have problems or find any bugs there's a forum you can go to to express your concerns - the guy is really quick in getting back to you and fixing your problem(s).

I highly recomend it :thup:

JaydensMom
Mon, Feb-07-05, 17:36
Okay....Am I BLIND or what? I don't see it??? LOL.

JaydensMom
Mon, Feb-07-05, 17:38
OMG. Wouldn't you know it? After I searched the entire page over and over again, and didn't see it. Once I sent the message.... I found it. LOL. My goodness... guess I had better get my eyes checked. Sorry...

ljw32
Mon, Feb-07-05, 17:49
Just found out my instructor is sick and no clinical tomorrow- so I will have time to get all my stuff put into the PLAN! It will be great to have that all here and I saw a place for measurements- I have been keeping mine since July so should be easy to put in!

OyVey
Mon, Feb-07-05, 18:28
I'm using it and LOVE it! the best part is the bulk item... you can put in everything you eat in say a typical salad and title it "typical salad" and then just choose that when you eat that for lunch

very cool

LaDean
Mon, Feb-07-05, 18:39
Hey i searched it and cannot find it. is there an address to go into. what do i search. did my plan and my new plan and nothing. Help....ha ha LaDean

Rosebud
Mon, Feb-07-05, 19:54
Hey i searched it and cannot find it. is there an address to go into. what do i search. did my plan and my new plan and nothing. Help....ha ha LaDean
Just go to the green menu bar above the thread, and you'll see it to the right in yellow writing. :)

Rosebud:rose:

LaDean
Mon, Feb-07-05, 19:56
Rosebud. thanks so very much. have a good evening. LaDean

ljw32
Mon, Feb-07-05, 20:37
I filled in quite a bit and today's food. I do like it, however I can see I will have to customize some foods like I had to in fitday, but soon it will all be there. I do see some number diff between this and fitday- today fitday says I ate 1300 cals and plan says 1450! So maybe this is why I didn't lose when I thought I was keeping cals down. We shall see!! I also love the BMR chart that is easy to understand!!

tamarian
Mon, Feb-07-05, 22:32
I'm glad you guys like it :thup:

Keep in mind that the tool is still in development/under construction. There's still more enhancements to come, and there's bound to be some "bugs". If you encounter any problems, please report them, and feel free to make suggestions to make it a better tool.

Wa'il

ohi4got
Mon, Feb-07-05, 22:43
I absolutely love it!! I switched from Fitday immediately, spent an entire work shift setting it up and entering my custom foods in so now I should be all set. Love seeing my progress all on one page too!

Meghan
Mon, Feb-07-05, 23:22
What would you guys put using a Gazelle under?

ljw32
Tue, Feb-08-05, 08:57
Does anyone know if I can change the menu page to only show the daily totals and not have the break, lunch, dinner tot? All those numbers confuse me!!

OyVey
Wed, Feb-09-05, 06:46
ljw just enter them all as the same meal :)

judyr
Wed, Feb-09-05, 09:06
I'm using it and LOVE it! the best part is the bulk item... you can put in everything you eat in say a typical salad and title it "typical salad" and then just choose that when you eat that for lunch

very cool
Thanks for telling me what bulk was for. I saw it but was busy trying to figure out receipes that I had had a chance to play with bulk yet. I have several things I will add. A great idea.

Itty
Wed, Feb-09-05, 17:28
Meghan, did you eat the WHOLE gazelle, or just some of it? :lol:

M

BTW I love the plan. I never followed fitday. I will find the suggestions box, though!

lianna
Wed, Feb-09-05, 20:23
i am having a difficult time converting to grams.........how much is something like a tbsp. of butter? is there any way to ask to have both standard and metric measurements added? otherwise, i think it is a godsend. how nice to be able to do it all in one stop!

tamarian
Wed, Feb-09-05, 20:28
i am having a difficult time converting to grams.........how much is something like a tbsp. of butter? is there any way to ask to have both standard and metric measurements added? otherwise, i think it is a godsend. how nice to be able to do it all in one stop!

This is because volume (like cup and tbsp) cannot be converted to weight in a simple formula. Because a cup (or tbsp) of flour weight differently than a cup of honey or water.

See this thread for more details:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=233220

Wa'il

Meghan
Wed, Feb-09-05, 21:44
LOL No seriously what kind of exercise do you think it is like because they don't have that option?

tamarian
Wed, Feb-09-05, 22:02
Maybe elliptical?

Wa'il

teddymom1
Thu, Feb-10-05, 11:26
Great PLAN!! Thank you........maybe this will help me get back to losing again!
Sue

ljw32
Thu, Feb-10-05, 20:15
Thanks for the advise- I was thinking I could just enter it all as the same meal anyway- so I'll try it. I am eating more cals than I realized even though I was using fitday- I guess I will just go by these cals and if I am losing while eating more cals that's ok too!!

RedheadPen
Fri, Feb-11-05, 07:22
I LOVE LOVE LOVE My P.L.A.N. sooooooooo much better than fitday.

Y'all ROCK!

ljw32
Fri, Feb-11-05, 17:38
I am having trouble customizing a food, and showing the effective carbs. Example- avacado, california- whole one =4.9 carbs- that comes up but when I adjust serving the carb amt doesn't change. I also believe the efective carbs should be 3- but I could be wrong. Also I put in a custom food, listed ingredients as says to then the carb count is wrong. I even tried putting carb amt + fiber but that doesn't work. Example- put in a recipie for tequilla chicken- my ingredients show tot carb 15, fiber 5 = net carbs 10. I put 10 in carb count, 5 in fiber and comes up as 4.9 in summary and I had a complete serving. maybe I am doing something wrong but this is very frustrating. I am just having to add this up in my head. Also same problem trying to add a lc tortilla. Can you help me here??

tamarian
Fri, Feb-11-05, 17:43
I am having trouble customizing a food, and showing the effective carbs. Example- avacado, california- whole one =4.9 carbs- that comes up but when I adjust serving the carb amt doesn't change. I also believe the efective carbs should be 3- but I could be wrong. Also I put in a custom food, listed ingredients as says to then the carb count is wrong. I even tried putting carb amt + fiber but that doesn't work. Example- put in a recipie for tequilla chicken- my ingredients show tot carb 15, fiber 5 = net carbs 10. I put 10 in carb count, 5 in fiber and comes up as 4.9 in summary and I had a complete serving. maybe I am doing something wrong but this is very frustrating. I am just having to add this up in my head. Also same problem trying to add a lc tortilla. Can you help me here??

I'd be glad to help. What did you enter (carb, protein, fat, fiber and calories), and what did the error say?

But most of the issues regarding effective carb counts are answered in the link (just hit the PECC label on the list of ffods).

This main source of confusion, I think, is subtracting the fiber twice.

Check this thread for more details:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=233310

Wa'il

ljw32
Fri, Feb-11-05, 17:58
I didn't get an error, just when I put it in my list of foods eaten it was wrong. I got the chicken thing corrected but the avacado- which is not a custom food is still saying 4.9 tot carbs and 4.9 ECC even with a .33 serving size, and the 4.9 is for a whole avocado. I will look again to see what I am doing wrong. You are quick on these answers by the way!!

tamarian
Fri, Feb-11-05, 18:01
I didn't get an error, just when I put it in my list of foods eaten it was wrong. I got the chicken thing corrected but the avacado- which is not a custom food is still saying 4.9 tot carbs and 4.9 ECC even with a .33 serving size, and the 4.9 is for a whole avocado. I will look again to see what I am doing wrong. You are quick on these answers by the way!!

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. But click on the PECC title, to see the details and why PECC in most cases equals the carbs.

Wa'il

ljw32
Fri, Feb-11-05, 18:05
Ok- I'll give it a shot- thanks!

misskriss
Sat, Feb-12-05, 11:03
I clicked onto the yellow MYPLAN and I got this:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.php
Its another low carb forum. Am I doing anything wrong? Maybe its my computer. I couldn't get my email this am also.
Misskriss

misskriss
Sat, Feb-12-05, 11:04
it must be my computer. sorry. Misskriss

tamarian
Sat, Feb-12-05, 11:34
I clicked onto the yellow MYPLAN and I got this:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.php
Its another low carb forum. Am I doing anything wrong? Maybe its my computer. I couldn't get my email this am also.
Misskriss

Hmm, what forum was it?

The MyPLAN page should look like our forum, with the same top menu and the cow logo. Was it that, or a completely different site?

Wa'il

dmanc53
Fri, May-27-05, 08:52
Fitday paid version is the one I use. My only gripe is that I now want to see how I'm doing in the micro nutrient department. Best program in the one you stick with!

paying for the program gave me new motivation to keep journaling. Diane