PDA

View Full Version : TOOTH PROBLEMS!!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chelle
Thu, Oct-11-01, 09:43
Today I have a major toothache and I can't eat anything!!!! I hurts so bad and I am starving!!!!!

Trying to get an emergency visit from the dentist to take of this!!!
:cry:

Rachelle

Natrushka
Thu, Oct-11-01, 10:14
Do you have any protein shake around? what about some soft boiled eggs? or scrambled?

Hope you get that appointment soon, I know what nerve pain is like. ouchies.

Nat

chelle
Thu, Oct-11-01, 10:40
Unfortunately no on the protein shakes, but even my water is killing me. I did bring tuna salad for lunch today, so I think I will have to snack on that if I can. But ya know, I will have to check into the protein shake. Never thought about it because I'm on induction. Do I get that from a regular store, or do I have to go to the healthfood store??? I have the chocolate shake mix from Dr. Atkins, but I don't think I can use that yet... Don't know will have to check.

And guess what else is going on today....I work at a car dealership and we have these sales on the weekends, and we pop popcorn for the customers. REAL MOVIES POPCORN!!!
It's killing me, b/c the smell is everywhere. I also bought a box of hot fudge melts from one of the guys before I started this WOL and I couldn't take it anymore, I had to give them away!!!!LOL
:cry:

I can see this day is going to be rough... I will gain weight just from the stress alone.... :D

Chelle

Crowis
Thu, Oct-11-01, 10:52
Take this or leave it, your choice ;)

I had many tooth issues a couple of years ago, including severe tooth aches.

Go to the convenience store, buy a tube of maximum strength anbesol and advil. Advil or any ibuprofen will reduce swelling in your mouth (including the nerve) and bring the pain down. Keep in mind this does not mean aspirin or tylenol. . . only Ibuprofen.

First depending on body weight take double the reccomended amount of advil (nerves swell really big) then rub anbesol on that tooth and the teeth next to it, the gumline and all the way up to the roof of your mouth on both sides of the teeth.

The relief in about thirty minutes will be great. Then just chew with the other side.

In incredibly empathy. . . I've been there.

Mike

Atriana
Thu, Oct-11-01, 11:16
Oil of cloves will help with the toothache until you get to see the Dentist, and some advil too! Hope you feel better soon.

chelle
Thu, Oct-11-01, 11:28
Thanks for the tips crowis and atrianna. Will definitely check into them....However, I think I may have found a dentist that will take me this evening or tomorrow!!!!!GREAT!!! :D

Rachelle