PDA

View Full Version : new to low carbing - advice needed please!:)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

e78782
Sat, Feb-05-05, 00:08
hi everyone! im new to this whole low carb thing and need a bit of help. i only have a small amount of weight to lose - about 5kg or so. should i be counting calories? or am i still able to eat whatever as long as its carb-free? any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance...

Angelize
Sat, Feb-05-05, 03:19
acording to dr atkins calories dont count so depending on what diet u are doing i would stick with the carbs keep to 20g a day mostly salad greens and veg.

good luck

e78782
Sat, Feb-05-05, 06:48
really? so on atkins, it doesnt matter how many calories you consume, as long as carbohydrates are kept to under 20g per day?

Sweetcake
Sat, Feb-05-05, 17:56
Welcome to the forums!!!!

DaddioM
Sat, Feb-05-05, 18:15
really? so on atkins, it doesnt matter how many calories you consume, as long as carbohydrates are kept to under 20g per day?

that's what the good Dr. says! Make sure you read the nutrition label for the carbs though.. don't trust the "net carb" advertisements.

Mike

Angelize
Sun, Feb-06-05, 07:22
hi again e78782, welcome to the crazy world of atkins all our life with diets we are told count the calories and done exceed the daily amount u r left eating a carrot for your dinner and maybe a slice of chicken with no skin on if your lucky but then along came the miracle man himself and he says stuff the calories count the carbs and i like this man cos i can have full fat cream and butter and all the goodie things and i can even fry my eggs no need to poach yipee!!!!!

keep the carbs to under 20g and watch the weight fall away!!!!!!!