PDA

View Full Version : I cheated !

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rams_gal
Fri, Feb-04-05, 20:06
:help: well, I have been low carbing now for 4 weeks now...I had been doing so well..I even passed up carrot cake that a co-worker brought into work today, and its my soooooooooo favorite..I got home and made pizza for my husband and friend, well I just broke down and ate 2 peices!!I'm so mad at myself..So now what happens??? Do I lose all of the ground that Ive gained in the past weeks?? Can I just go back to intro and start over..Have I blew it??? I just cant believe I ate it :cry:

loismarie
Fri, Feb-04-05, 20:40
The best thing to do is go right past it and just start right over. No one of us is perfect and us dieters tend to beat ourselves up. Take a new moment and get right back on track! I am encouraging myself as I am encouraging you!

JJMack
Fri, Feb-04-05, 20:50
RamsGal,

Don't beat yourself up... if we didn't LIKE!! food... we probably wouldn't have a weight issue.

One thing I have noticed about the folks who have succeeded around here, is that they have a tremendous amount of resolve to STICK WITH IT!!

So stick with it... and use your slip up to your advantage... to INCREASE that resolve.

You'll be fine. Have a great evening!

John

BabyPhat
Fri, Feb-04-05, 21:01
From my past experiences, I would say that you definitely need to start over again, chalk it up as a learning experience, but whatever you do.. DON'T QUIT...

Best Wishes

Denise

GraceKim
Fri, Feb-04-05, 23:59
LOL.......... You sound like me last week!! I cheated on Thursday and felt bad for eating my slice and my ex-boyfriends slice, but Sunday I ate pizza for the second time in one week! You would've thought that I would've known better, but don't worry about it too much.......... Think about the cake that you did pass up! That's a big deal!!! By the way, I've actually lost weight even after the pizza incident

Angelize
Sat, Feb-05-05, 03:23
just carry on where u are upto and monator your weight if you are not loosing then cut back the carbs by 5 if you are then hey presto no problem keep up the good work..... nothing wrong with being human ..... pass me a slice please im dying for some lol

u never know u may be answering one of my posts saying what shall i do ive cheated and u will know what to say to me!!

good luck!

Sweetcake
Sat, Feb-05-05, 17:57
Welcome to the forums!!!! Just start over you can do it!!!!

DaddioM
Sat, Feb-05-05, 18:13
Hey!!.. just start over.. it's a piece of cake *oops... did I say that out loud?*

Seriously.. I don't know a single person who hasn't slipped up.. it's getting back up one more time than you slip that's going to measure your success!!

I have to tell you though, that at least for me, it takes 3 days of being "good" again for the cravings to disappear again.. BUT I've done that several times.

...and I gotta tell you.. it may not come off any quicker than it went on, but it's all worth it in the end!!

WOOHOO!!.. Keep it up!

Mike

GraceKim
Mon, Feb-07-05, 00:21
sweetcake you look really well! I saw your profile!!!

GuessWho?
Mon, Feb-07-05, 01:40
Yep - start again!

kimberlyw
Mon, Feb-07-05, 03:19
I would just go back to induction and stay on it.

Also? Next time, make the boyfriend and friend HOT WINGS! (Then eat their shares, too if you want LOL!)

I have a killer blue cheese dressing recipe! PM or email me if you want it!

:)
~Kimberly

lennonfan
Mon, Feb-07-05, 22:32
Aww sis... i sorry u... just git back on that horse. U can do it..

rach1786
Mon, Feb-07-05, 23:14
jump right back on it! we all make mistakes, goodluck:S

psadomba
Tue, Feb-08-05, 05:53
Dont even worry about it. I allow myself to cheat very occasionally. While it might set me back a little, I find that it keeps me sane and then I dont feel so deprived. I just get back right on track.

SnakeBoy
Tue, Feb-08-05, 06:11
Rams girl,
You slipped, in your surroundings you probably felt that you were different, why can others have what they want and I am stuck with counting this and counting that etc. Do not use your slip as an excuse that you cannot do this because you CAN do it. Not for anyone else but for your self, You have done excellent these past four weeks, you are stronger than those couple slices of pizza.

FabByFifty
Tue, Feb-08-05, 08:38
I had to jump in and as GraceKim said Sweetcake you really do look great! Great slideshow too! I love to see different people suceed, it gives great incouragement and inspiration! FANTASTIC JOB! I think I will learn to do a slide show like that one and someday get as postive results!
Thanks for the incouragement Sweektcake!
Brenda