PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new2 with a question for you!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mrslbrown
Fri, Feb-04-05, 14:42
I am a new2,lol, which means this is my second time around at the low-carb lifestyle. However, this is the first time I have been drop dead serious...no excuses and no giving up. I have been low-carbing for 1 week and 2 days. And I have lost 8 pounds so far. But my problem is that this was in the first 5 days. So now, the scale is not budging and I am wondering if I should be doing something else or something more. Can anyone give me some advice on how weight loss goes in the first 2 weeks! Should I try the fat fast that he talks about? I plan to do induction until I loose my first 100 pounds...if it's going to continue to work for me.

Tish437
Fri, Feb-04-05, 15:00
No, keep plugging away; your body is resting from the initial loss, and it will start again. Your 8-lb. loss is really great. It will start again, just be patient.

Allergymom
Fri, Feb-04-05, 15:12
Welcome to the forum. Being impatient gets the best of us..The way I see it, you didn't gain that weight overnight so its not come off overnight..Sure would be nice if it would..Best of luck in your weightloss endeavor..Take one day at a time and drink lots of water..

4beans4me
Sat, Feb-05-05, 08:05
http://www.webtree.ca/tree/gifs/Welcome/welcome_butterfly.jpg

Sweetcake
Sat, Feb-05-05, 17:54
Welcome to the forums!!!! Your current weight loss is GREAT!! Give your body time to adjust and you WILL start losing again!!!

mrslbrown
Mon, Feb-07-05, 11:48
Thanks everyone for your encouragement and support. You all were right, when I stepped on the scale this morning it read 252.5. I am so excited and motivated by all of you alls accomplishments. Now should I add more exercise in, or stick to walking until my weight stalls?

mrslbrown
Mon, Feb-07-05, 11:57
Sweet cake, congrads on your success. You look absoulutely fabulous!

mrslbrown
Mon, Feb-21-05, 15:57
Hello all!
I have made my 1 month mark and I am down 13.5 pounds. The weight is coming off a lot slower than I would like. My goal is at least 5 pounds per week. Is this unreasonable? I have not really been counting my carbs or exercising as much as I should and I have also cheated a lot, so I figure if I start doing those two things and stop cheating so much I could possibly meet my goal. Is that realsitic or not? I am a big girl, no pun intended, I can take whatever you want to say. :lol: