PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sol
Thu, Feb-03-05, 13:56
Just discovered this place and thought id say hi!

After spending the best part of a year thinking about doing the atkins, i finally succumbed on the 10th of jan 2k5!

I actually have had a strange few years, after leaving uni,i seemed to baloon up to nearly 14 stones, i was always chubby anyway, but this was starting to get rediculous, so i joined a gym and subsequently found that i had high blood pressure (i was only 23 :(), thankfully betablockers, and the loss off nearly 2 stones got the BP right down within 6 months, i was then down the gym for the next two years, but my weight never went below 12stones, then i slipped i didnt goto the gym for a year, and balooned back up to 13st, i decided this year was the year i was gonna get down to my target of 11st (154lbs or 70kgs) which is about right for my height 5ft7".

Already in the last few weeks im down to 77kgs (169 lbs) im eating healthier than ever, greens with every dish and no sweets etc.

I still have cravings for my puddings, and i could murder a kebab,curry and a plate of pilau rice :lol: oh and a pizza would be nice!

But im still holding strong in the induction phase, im try and get 3-4lbs from my target weight, and then move upto the next stage, thankfully im back at the gym, a session of thai boxing a week, and two session of cardio/weights, im generally running 5km in 30 mins so fitness is increasing, i dont seem to suffer from tiredness whilst doing weights or cardio etc.

So all in all a good start to the atkins diets, i am worried about the long term tho if i can keep it up, i hear so many stories of carb intolerance when folk go back to normal eating, id be intrigued to know at the end of the day what is the amount of carbs you will be able to eat max, but i guess time will tell!

Anyway hi all, and hope the ride is gonna be a good un!

4beans4me
Thu, Feb-03-05, 19:47
http://www.webtree.ca/tree/gifs/Welcome/welcome_smilies.gif

Sweetcake
Sat, Feb-05-05, 18:37
Welcome to the forums!!!