PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gaviso3
Tue, Feb-01-05, 20:18
I am returning to Atkins after trying it last year at this time - with some success. I think the slowness of my weight loss discouraged me last year after about 6 weeks, but I am ready to give it another shot. I have about 25 pounds to lose and I find Atkins relatively easy to follow (maybe that's why I'm not losing?). I started January 3rd and have lost only 4 pounds. Any advice for the newbie? I was thrilled to find this support forum. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed. Oh yeah, are nuts a big no no during induction - even if I count the carbs? :help:

gaviso3
Tue, Feb-01-05, 21:05
I guess I'll just say hello to myself! boo hoo ;) :)

becky25
Tue, Feb-01-05, 21:31
WELCOME!!!! I too was on atkins before but gave up before i reached goal. but this time I am committed! :wave: I have been on induction for a few weeks now. The best advice I can give you is clean your house out of anything that will be a problem for you. fill your fridge with atkins friendly food and be ready for any cravings. I liketo keep a bowl of hardboiled eggs ready, they really fill you up and are better than cooking. ;) Good luck with your new way of life!!! :wave:

Allergymom
Tue, Feb-01-05, 21:36
Welcome..

The way I put it..You didnt' gain this weight overnight so it wont come off that fast either..That is our problem..We want it gone NOW..To me, just eating healthier is worth not loosing as fast as I want..I am doing good things for myself and body which in turn I will reap the rewards..Patience..Drink lots of water and come here for the support

Good luck in your weightloss endeavor..

Miss H.M
Wed, Feb-02-05, 07:06
welcome! glad you have joined us here! unfortunalty, we all want the weight off yseterday...but it does take time...but the slower it comes off, the longer it stays off, and its going to fat weight, not water weight that is lost....oops, nuts are a big no no during induction,,..they can actually stall your progress, so hide those babies...we all love nuts here too, but I'd much rather trade them for a bikini and a great set of legs anyday...the choice is yours...make yourself comfortable and browse, browse, and browse some more until you cant keep your eyes open any longer...ask questions, and pop into other peoples journals( leave a word of encouragement if you like or just say hello, read how everyone else struggles, and triumps,) and start one yourself...its a huge tool for losing weight!! you can do this!!!!!all together now!! let me know if you need a buddy! we have a ton of challenges here too, feel free to join one, its great way to stay focused and be held accountable!I look forward to your posts and progress!
Cheryll:)

Sweetcake
Wed, Feb-02-05, 10:15
Welcome to the forums! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

4beans4me
Wed, Feb-02-05, 14:11
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome.gif