PDA

View Full Version : Karen's Thanksgiving dinner

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ruth
Tue, Oct-09-01, 14:17
Our famous Karen invited a few of her friends (approx 30) to a gourmet LC thanksgiving feast at her home Monday evening. 5 Vancouver LC folks were there.

The menu:
Assorted appetizers, about 5, of special note were stuffed pickled peppers
Roast pork with LC gravy
Shepherd's Loaf Stuffing with Mushrooms
Roasted Daikon wedges
Red Cabbage with Darum Masala (sp?)
Pureed Cauliflower
Spinach Custard
Yellow & Green Tomatoe Salad
Dessert:
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Chocolate Mousse loaf (or something like that)
#### Karen, please correct any mistakes I'm certain I've made on your menu #####

Everything was delicious. A fellow in front of me *not an LC guy* commented "There's 2 kinds of potatoes!". I laughed & said "Karen wouldn't be serving potatoes at an LC meal" Poor guy thought he would be having roasted potatoes & mashed potatoes. LOL. Seemed to me that everyone had a wonderful time.

About the pictures: I borrowed my sister's digital camera & software. Yesterday was the first time I've ever done this digital photo thing on a PC & I've had troubles posting the photos in the size I want. So I'm just going to post these, you may have to scroll over & down to see the whole picture.

Attached is the best group picture:
Back row, Paul & Sarah (Sarlye & DH); Ruth; Karen
Front: Rachel Note: in the upper left corner are the remains of 6 Pumpkin Chiffon pies.

Karen
Tue, Oct-09-01, 18:37
You will note that the picture was taken from above...no double chins!

The menu is pretty accurate Ruth. Great memory! The cabbage was with garam masala and the chocolate thing was a chocolate tofu pate that I made especially for Rachel. I love it when Rachel eats tofu. ;)

Guess I better dust that pot rack. Ooops! :eek:

Karen

fiona
Wed, Oct-10-01, 00:56
Sparkling with love and light!!

Thanks.