PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Teens LCing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lessara
Tue, Oct-09-01, 10:38
I put my two children (Daugher is 14, Son is 11) on my LC diet and
My son has lost 8 lbs (He is 32lbs over weight) and my daughter hasn't gained which is great (She has gained 50lbs in a year!) My goal isn't weight loss but to maintain till they finish growing (the stretch out theory given to me by doctor). My daughter has notice her headaches going away. I came to realize that both my kids shared my Carb adiction, :rolleyes:
and I did not want them to live like that.
I let them eat the school lunches but the rest of the time they eat LC. Just this step has improved my house hold. My kids are calmer (they both have ADHD, like me) and they are eating better.
Just yesterday, my daughter made a salad for breakfast and my son tells me he likes his hamberger without the roll, so he can taste it better he says. :p

Shonnee
Tue, Oct-09-01, 11:56
It can't hurt your kids to be LCing. I have my daughter doing a modified LC plan. She east LC while she is at home and when she is out with dad and at Pre-school she eats what ever they are having for the day. She has been a whole lot calmer and she isn't taking 4 hour naps per day like she would every afternoon. But she is only 2 and she is doing just fine on it. She loves the meat and cheese and I have noticed that she loves pasta also. So I would like to prevent a Carb addiction that I have with her. My husband eats a whole lot of Carbs and never gains an ounce which I hope she has his body type but I am trying to prevent the addiction now. If your kids are doing fine on the LCing I would keep them doing it. Don't worry you are the one that knows what is best for them you are there mom.
Shondel

cathyeu
Tue, Oct-09-01, 19:22
I too have put my children 9 and 10 on this plan. We have been on for 3 1/2 months and our family has lost over 80 pounds. The girls have lost 9 and 12 pounds. I also let them eat school lunches. I wish I didn't but I have found it very difficult to be ingenious with sack lunch ideas. We all are feeling so much better and it has just been a different way of eating now. The only thing that concerns me still is that if there is a treat around my youngest especially gets out of control eating it. I worry that I am causing eating problems by denying her and not allowing her to eat so many things. I have tried to under play this, but in the world of eating disorders it makes me very concerned. I try to stress that we are eating healthy and that things are not good for us, but at her age it is so hard for her to understand that if it tastes good and other people can eat it why she can't. She is so young to be worrying about her weight but unfortunately it is something she is always going to have to watch. Just like the rest of us. I would appreciate any advice or help in this.