PDA

View Full Version : Ok , here goes all the food I love!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

skyline
Mon, Jan-31-05, 10:24
Looking through pictures a couple of nights ago I found some pics from 3 years and 35-40 pounds ago. WOW! Have I gained that much weight? And worse, Have I lost that much muscle? To answer both.....yup. I knew I was buying larger and larger pant sizes. And finally my waist is larger than My inseam, at 6'1" this is not good. I look terrible. An I FEEL terrible, always tired and sore and just not feeling like I should. SO IT IS TIME TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Hence me coming here. I am hoping for some advise, a little support, and a whole lot of INSPIRATION!

Iowagirl
Mon, Jan-31-05, 12:19
Cheer up - you don't have to say good bye to ALL the foods you love! Grill up a steak and enjoy low carb eating!

skyline
Mon, Jan-31-05, 13:03
You know what? THANKS that is very true. The only problem is carbs are like CRACK for me. But then again, steak with some butter sound really unheathly but mighty tasty!

JulianaLC
Mon, Jan-31-05, 13:22
You know what? THANKS that is very true. The only problem is carbs are like CRACK for me. But then again, steak with some butter sound really unheathly but mighty tasty!

Hi skyline

I feel the same!! Carbs are like drugs for me too. But you know, i found that the food I LOVE are my CRACK! So I have to avoid this high carb food I love and find low carb food I love. :D

You´re wrong about the steak with butter! Its exactly what you need!! Its not unhealthy and its will make you satisfied and skinny in no time! :thup:

Good luck
Hugs from Brasil

Iowagirl
Mon, Jan-31-05, 13:22
Do you cook? Check the recipe threads - there are lots of good substitutes for crack. :)

Tex
Mon, Jan-31-05, 15:14
Think of it as a trade - Decide what you're going to eat and what you'd like to limit, and in exchange for that, you're healthier and in control of your body!

There's so many good options out there - check out the recipe pages - you'll find some great stuff that will taste great and keep you on track!
Good Luck!

skyline
Tue, Feb-01-05, 08:05
Ok, I will do that. Thank you very much for the heads up on the recepies.

One day down, eleventybillion more to go before induction is ovre!

Iowagirl
Tue, Feb-01-05, 09:15
Eleventybillion? At least you are optimistic. ;)

skyline
Wed, Feb-02-05, 08:29
Well, 2 days in and I have lost 4 pounds...Is this possible?

Iowagirl
Wed, Feb-02-05, 08:44
Yes! The first two weeks you might notice a significant loss. Most of this is water but that's ok. Then there may be no loss at all for a week or so as the body "adjusts". Don't be discouraged by this. Keep low carbing and you should notice the scale moving again (or the tape measure!). About a pound a week is good after those first two weeks.

Sweetcake
Wed, Feb-02-05, 10:13
Welcome to the forums! YOU CAN DO IT!!!