PDA

View Full Version : annette bo

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Annette Bo
Mon, Jan-31-05, 06:24
Hi all,

I've tried Atkins before with some success (slow that it was) several years ago. Since then, I've been weight watchers biggest cheerleader. I don't even know why because I don't lose that much weight. I guess I liked that you could eat whatever you want... I'm SICK of counting points. W.W. now has a "no counting" plan (their attempt at lower-carb) but it wasn't giving me the fast results I want. If anyone has any advice for a Newby please share! I have been reading some of the success stories and I realize I am a SLOW loser on any diets. I was heartened to see there are other slow losers out there (even on Atkins). All of my friends and my husband take weight off on Atkins fast and steady and it pisses me off to say the least! So, I have to just accept the way my body takes weight off, and pay attention more to how my clothes feel than the scale.

I have a question regardin CAFFEINE: I CAN'T give up my Java in th4e A.M. Can you still lose weight with some caffeine in your life?

Thanks for listening!!! Annette

4beans4me
Mon, Jan-31-05, 10:45
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/ACC35.GIF

Iowagirl
Mon, Jan-31-05, 12:17
Caffeine is one of those things where your mileage may vary. If you can't give it up, then don't. However, if you don't find yourself losing as you'd like and you are staying on plan, you might want to ditch the coffee and see if that helps.

Annette Bo
Tue, Feb-01-05, 07:36
Iowa Girl,

Thanks for the advice. I will cut back on caffeine and go from there. I have given up diet coke. (another addiction!) A.B.