PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Dawn

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

macavity77
Sun, Jan-30-05, 04:19
undefinedundefinedundefined :wave: Hi this is my first time on a forum, so I hope I am doing it all right ! I live in Wellington, and have struggled with my weight most of my life. I have recently started doing 'low carb' - checking all the carbs in all the foods I eat. I have many health problems because of carrying so much weight for so long, so need to be careful of the amount of fibre I have - I need fibre because of bowel problems. This would be the main thing for me, as when I did The Atkins diet some years ago, I became very constipated, so I have to watch that - and I am combating that so far, by having just fruit for breakfast each day. So far so good. But as a carb junkie, I am finding it hard to not have bread and potatoes especially, but (touch wood) so far have not given into the craving. Any helpful suggestions would always be appreciated. Thanks.

lianna
Sun, Jan-30-05, 07:40
From what I have learned here you will be better off if you pick a plan, one plan, and stick with that. It will give you the guidelines and structure you need to be successful. If you are eating plenty of vegetables on Atkins, actually following the WOE, constipation should not be a problem. However, if you cant give up fruit (which is super high in natural sugars and will trigger cravings for the rest of the day) Southbeach is more lenient with fruit consumption. Read up on some different plans and find one you think you can stick with. Sometimes trying to mix/match different plans leaves you none of the benefits of either, and all the downfalls of both! Good Luck with your efforts and you have found the right place for support!

puddypark
Sun, Jan-30-05, 17:54
The first time I tried atkins I was seriously constipated--but this time around as long as I eat a good salad everyday I am good. If I need a little more help I just load up on spinach.--works everytime now! Thank goodness!!!
Welcome!!! Happy Losing!!!

4beans4me
Mon, Jan-31-05, 10:41
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/ACC35.GIF

macavity77
Mon, Jan-31-05, 14:28
From what I have learned here you will be better off if you pick a plan, one plan, and stick with that. It will give you the guidelines and structure you need to be successful. If you are eating plenty of vegetables on Atkins, actually following the WOE, constipation should not be a problem. However, if you cant give up fruit (which is super high in natural sugars and will trigger cravings for the rest of the day) Southbeach is more lenient with fruit consumption. Read up on some different plans and find one you think you can stick with. Sometimes trying to mix/match different plans leaves you none of the benefits of either, and all the downfalls of both! Good Luck with your efforts and you have found the right place for support!
:agree: Hi Lianna, thank you for replying. I do not know if I am doing this right - the reply I mean, as I am a real 'newbie' at this forum stuff. I agree that a plan would be better, and I have one, just do not know what it is called, but a lady in my church is doing a 'low carb' plan, and I am following her. So far I have not found a problem with fruit for breakfast. I am content to not eat again until lunch, where I have salad and some protein. I have found the trick for me is drinking about 800mls of water between eating - and not drinking again for 2 hours after eating. I am tired of failure, so am feeling quietly confident this time round. Thanks for your support.

macavity77
Mon, Jan-31-05, 14:32
The first time I tried atkins I was seriously constipated--but this time around as long as I eat a good salad everyday I am good. If I need a little more help I just load up on spinach.--works everytime now! Thank goodness!!!
Welcome!!! Happy Losing!!!
:yum: Thank you. I just LOVE spinach and eat plenty of that. I am also eating many vegetables - so far it seems to be working. Have not weighed myself since last Thursday, as my scales are old and no longer work well. BUT will do so sometime this week and let you know. It is great to get such support from ppl one does not know - thank you so much.

macavity77
Mon, Jan-31-05, 14:34
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/ACC35.GIF
;) :) thanks

puddypark
Tue, Feb-01-05, 09:27
I have realized that my scale is horribly old! Depending on how I stand on it --my weight can fluctuate 5 pounds! Tho I am afraid to buy a new scale--what if I weigh more on it??......I really am scared of the scale!!
Anyhow--you should start a journal--it has been good therapy for me! and if you do we can chat thru that!
Have a great day!!
-betsy

macavity77
Mon, Feb-07-05, 23:19
hey hey I have lost 6 kgs. WOO HOO

SnakeBoy
Tue, Feb-08-05, 06:40
Keep up the good work, Ther will be days when the weight will seem overwhelming. But it did not get there overnight. we must be in it for the long haul. You started this WOE because of your health, That is the key for yourself,Your health. It is amazibg how good you will feel in only a couple of weeks, and then its a month. BUy yourself the scale you will need it. and use a tape measure and starta journal, there is nothing like seeing your progress on paper.
Good Luck and You can do it, your journey to good health has begun.
Snake boy

macavity77
Tue, Feb-08-05, 19:46
Keep up the good work, Ther will be days when the weight will seem overwhelming. But it did not get there overnight. we must be in it for the long haul. You started this WOE because of your health, That is the key for yourself,Your health. It is amazibg how good you will feel in only a couple of weeks, and then its a month. BUy yourself the scale you will need it. and use a tape measure and starta journal, there is nothing like seeing your progress on paper.
Good Luck and You can do it, your journey to good health has begun.
Snake boy
thank you for your support. We all need to know that someone out there cares about how we are doing. Thanks :agree: :)