PDA

View Full Version : North Vancouver, BC

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Marlaine
Mon, Oct-08-01, 22:46
Hello everyone,

I just found and joined this forum today and I'm looking forward to finding some members that are local to me! If you are out there in the Lower Mainland please say hello!

Marlaine

fiona
Tue, Oct-09-01, 00:10
:wave: Marlene

Welcome to the Forum. Everyone here is "local" to me in that they are only a keyboard away - no further than my computer :cheer:

Enjoy the inspiration, education, humour (laughter) and motivation that I find here.
Take care.

tamarian
Tue, Oct-09-01, 06:00
Hello Marlaine!

Downtown Van here :)

Wa'il

r.mines
Tue, Oct-09-01, 07:04
Hi, Marlaine! West End (and a few strokes on the computer) away.

Check out the Local Low Carbers forum for news of upcoming events. Sometimes we Vancouverites, and any Islanders who can make it over, get together for coffees or meals. It's the best!

Rachel

Marlaine
Tue, Oct-09-01, 11:17
Hello again everyone:

First of all, thanks to all who responded to me!!

Rachel...I was hoping that there would be some get togethers! I could use the company and the encouragement.

tamarian...Hi there. I'm curious about how you sign your entries. Wa'il - is it your name? I assume that you are the owner of the forum...thanks for creating it!

fiona...Thanks for the welcome. Yes, you are right that those we meet online are as close as the keypad. Still, it's nice to make contact face to face too.

Marlaine

IslandGirl
Fri, Oct-12-01, 19:14
AND a big BC welcome!

Marlaine
Fri, Oct-12-01, 21:45
Waving a friendly hello backatcha Judi! Are you in Victoria?

IslandGirl
Mon, Oct-15-01, 10:28
see the little location thingie over there on the left under the icon?

I'm hoping and praying to get over there one of these days for a fabulous gathering in Karen's kitchen {whine moan....}

I've just been itching to check out her fridge {cackle!} and tickle her dogs...

Have you gotten to a coffee or other gathering yet? The Vancouver contingent is {pardon the expression} way cool.

Silly boy
Wed, Oct-24-01, 19:01
I think I'm the only guy from BC on here. I sleep in Vancouver but spend most of my time in Richmond. Long story. *lol*

Dave

doreen T
Wed, Oct-24-01, 19:52
Dave, yer not alone.

Our very own Great and Magnificent webmaster, Wa'il is 100% solid-state testosterone male, and he's in Vancouver.

:daze:

Doreen

sweet
Wed, Nov-07-01, 09:43
hello all ;
special hello for dear administrator
i am a new user and join to your forum , i am an iranian and i live in iran / tehran.
i am in iranian forums like this forums it seems.
my name is sohrab and i am male , i have 28 years old
but my english language is wery bad
i hope you help me and i will be a good friend for you all

Sohrab ,

IslandGirl
Wed, Nov-07-01, 20:20
Welcome to our Forum.

A really good place to introduce yourself is back at the main Forum page, where we have a special place for new people to say hello, in the Introduction forum.

Also, there is a Low-Carbing Around The World forum back at the main Forum page, where you might find some people who aren't that far away from where you are!

Good luck to you.

sweet
Thu, Nov-08-01, 01:47
hello dear islandgirl ;
thanks alot, i read your replay but i do not know english as well as you :(
my friend come soon and translate your text in farsi
i underestood you told me i must go in introduce yourself ????? is it correct ?

IslandGirl
Thu, Nov-08-01, 13:17
A good way to make friends and get good use from this website is to Introduce yourself in the forums I named for you.

Enjoy!