PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for bread recipe.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ecnerwal
Thu, Jan-27-05, 22:51
I have been on Neanderthin since the 1st of Jan 2005 and have lost about 15 pounds. I am 67 years old and am a retired pastor. I am trying to interest my wife in this diet also. I tried the bread recipe from someone called "Voodaloo" and it didn't rise, although it tasted good. :q:

Goat Lady
Fri, Jan-28-05, 08:16
Did you check out the recipe section of this site...maybe you can find something there. Good Luck to you and your wife!!

Ecnerwal
Mon, Feb-07-05, 17:30
Thanks for the message. Yes, I did look at the recipes on this forum, but didn't find anything really paleo. I'm going to try a bread machine recipe substituting flax and psyllium flour and see if it rises. My wife is with me on this neanderthin plan! She is really fighting the urge for pastry and chocolates, but so far so good. She is somewhat disappointed at the lack of weight loss though. I have hit a plateau at 240. Need to do something to break the lockup.