PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ayari
Thu, Jan-27-05, 20:32
Well, I come to you all in exasperation. I have now completed my 11 day and have lost only 4 pounds which continues to jump around more than a ping pong ball. Initially, I started this new way of eating in support of my husband, I mean yes I want to lose weight but I am totally not a diet person. So upon the first few days I had to learn from my husband what foods I could eat and not eat. My hardest item has been to give up diet Coke. And now my hardest thing is just getting to the point where pounds come off for good. My husb. has lost 20 pounds within the first two weeks. This just adds to my dismay. Yes, I cried a few times. And now I am to the point of why should I keep going with this? I have been talking to people and they say that guys lose weight a lot faster than girls, but come on this is ridicules. We are now also taking L-Carnitene, which is supposed to speed up the fat burning process. Lately I have been feeling really tired. This is pretty much my diet routine, for breakfast I usually eat eggs (scrambled, omlette style) with either an ounce of cheese or a meat such as a couple of strips of bacon, a small piece of meat, or a small bunch of salad greens. Lunch comes around and I eat (from Burger King) a couple of grilled chicken patties and a side salad with LC dressing. In between I may have an Atkins shake if I happen to get hungry. For dinner will have a reasonablly large piece of meat and a salad again with LC dressing. Other snacks of mine include pork rinds, LC beef jerky, or boiled eggs. Throughout the day I have been drinking anywhere from 60-80 ounces of water. What am I doing wrong?

Goat Lady
Fri, Jan-28-05, 07:08
Looks like your eating good...and 4 pounds is really good. People lose differently and as far as I've seen, yes the men do tend to lose faster than the women...(lucky men!)

And now I am to the point of why should I keep going with this?

I understand your frustration...really I do...but you have lost 4 pounds already. Don't feel like you are in a compitition w/your husband...You are doing good...and maybe you should still at least give it the full 2 weeks of induction.

Check out the website www.atkins.com and maybe that way you can sort of understand the "rules" of this diet...(I hate that word!!) Or get the book Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution...it has a tons if information.

Also check out the success gallery...that helps my motivation! Patience is hard....(trust me...I have NONE!) But it's well worth it in the long run!

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope to see you around here often!

Take care! ((hugs))

sirlarry
Fri, Jan-28-05, 20:44
hi 4 pounds is grrreeeaaaattt!!!! keep up the good work. have you started working out? and how much water are you drinking? :idea: