PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow LCers! My name is Terri...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MyTriplets
Thu, Jan-27-05, 16:37
:wave: and I stumbled onto this forum while looking for low carb recipes, books, etc. online. What a great site! A little background on me: I am 39 and the mother of four. We have a 21 yo son and 7 year old triplets. The triplets are a boy, girl and a girl.

I was always athletic, lean and muscular growing up and as an adult. Different medications put some weight on, and I was about 140 for a few years before having the triplets. I weighed 188 when I had the triplets (seven weeks early) and lost 40 lbs almost immediately. I kept the last ten on for a couple of years, and then decided to go on a "modified" Atkins....watched what I ate, cut out some carbs, but worked out alot! I was into high impact aerobics, and took the triplets with me to the gym almost daily. I got down to a size 4 and of course, went back to my bad eating habits. The weight stayed off for a while but eventually creeped back up. I have fluctuated between 145-155 for the last few years and have decided that I am going to ring in my 40th bday this year in the best health ever. Losing weight and getting my figure back will just be an added bonus!!

My goal is to get to 135 for now...even though I am only 5'3", that weight is good for me -- :wave: a size 4/5....since I have an athletic frame, and muscle weighs more than fat, I don't foresee my getting much lighter than that, though 130 may be a better goal for me (baby steps!!).

I have not had pasta, bread, rice or potatoes, all my favs in weeks. I have to say the first week I was feeling good, but this week, I didn't see a big change in the scale, probably a mistake for me, as it got me down and I almost gave up.
Well, I sorta gave in for a day or two....eating cake, M&Ms, just plain pissed at the way it was going.

But, I have a new resolve, and it's partly due to finding this site. thanks! I look forward to getting to know everyone, and sharing support and helpful tips![/FONT]

tripletmom
Thu, Jan-27-05, 16:43
Hi There!

I just had to say hi, considering our "connection" :) :) :) There's actually a few of us on this forum!

Hang in there, I know it can be hard sometimes, especially if you're a real carb-lover, the results will be worth it!

Karen

MyTriplets
Thu, Jan-27-05, 16:49
:) Thanks for welcome, Karen! I knew there were other triplet moms on the board, because I tried your user name first, then a few others!! LOL. How old are you boys? Fun and exhausting, eh?!!! Looks like we can support each other in more than one way! Look forward to talking.

p.s. as a matter of fact, I don't want to get off here, I am so happy to read everyones stories and posts, but I guess I *should* feed the family!! Actually, hubby has the kids out in the yard ice skating (he made a huge rink!) so i am enjoying some alone time...cook or surf? Surf!! hahaha

Terri

Talla
Fri, Jan-28-05, 12:28
Hi Terri.....welcome to the forums. Good luck !!!