PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kimannsara
Wed, Jan-26-05, 15:18
hi,

i'm kim, and it has been virtually impossible in the past for me to embrace this lifestyle but now i am nine months postpartum and it's time for me to realize that i am fresh out of excuses for the sweets-fests i've been having all by my lonesome at 2 a.m. plus i have four school-aged kids who need to learn better habits and although i wont cut them off of "goodies" altogether i am cutting them back.
it's going to be a challenge to see them walk in from school with the snacks they are handed in class and the bottles of soda-because that's where i usually caved in the past, but now i no longer see the brown bubbles as my comfort but as my nemesis.
i know that there must be plenty of you out there with similar situations-people at home who are NOT low-carbing and that i can come here for support. i really want to be successful and healthy-healthier than ever, so i will be back time and time again for words of inspiration. THANKS!

kim

chely-d
Wed, Jan-26-05, 15:37
That's a great decision Kim. You know in your heart of hearts that reducing your sugar intake and that of your kids will do wonders for your health. Do it little by little if you don't dare to go cold turkey, but do it you must. Once you're sugar-free, it's incredible how good you feel. And retailers are offering so many sugar-free choices now, it's perfectly possible to pass from sugar altogether. You'll see. Hang in there. Wish you the best.

Miss H.M
Wed, Jan-26-05, 23:03
welcome, and good job making such a important decision for you and your family! eliminating alot of the processed sugar will make a huge difference for all of you, as hard as it may be at first...glad you came across our site here, please feel free to pop on in anytime!!! :) cheyrll