PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tmajic
Tue, Jan-25-05, 12:49
hello all low carbers.....I went on atkins about 6-7 years ago and lost 30 pounds and managed to keep it off. Since September of 2004 and now I have put on 17 pounds! I went on atkins Jan2, and have not lost one lousy pound..I remember reading something about resistance the second time around, could someone refresh my memory?? BTW I am walking 1 mile a day and am lifting a little, but come on not even the 5 pounds of water weight?? what is going on?

doreen T
Tue, Jan-25-05, 15:38
hello, and welcome!

Weight loss can be slower the second (third, fourth ...) time around, and also aging can slow things too. I notice your profile shows your doing "Atkins sort of". Perhaps the "sort of" is what's holding you back? Are you following the Rules of Induction, limiting your carbs to max. 20g net from fiber-rich veggies mostly, also restricting cheese and cream per the allowed limits?

If you post some example menus of what you're eating, other members might be able to spot any problems.

Good luck to you :rose:

Doreen

nikkil
Wed, Jan-26-05, 05:57
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/500/18642train.gif

tmajic
Thu, Jan-27-05, 12:14
your right, sort of isnt good enough...i am now doing induction and i will be diligent. hopefully i will see some results...

breakfast...low carb shake
lunch....tuna w/ mayo and lettuce
dinner...boca burger, asparagus, assorted raw veggies w/ tbsp dressing
1 cup coffe reg.
1 cup coffe dec.
jello w real whipped cream
total carbs for the day-19

bob2112
Thu, Jan-27-05, 12:43
Welcome to the forums.