PDA

View Full Version : A new LIFE not just a new way of Life

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ikagram
Sun, Jan-23-05, 14:26
Lets start by saying on 12/5/2004 I had a stroke cause by High BP and High, high BS level. I was diagnosed with both 3 years prior stuck with a diet until Dr. took me off Glucophage. My BP was staying normal and my BS was under control. What did I do go back to my old ways. Gained my weight back and kept on my distructive path until it was almost too late!! When I realized I was in trouble I had coded in the ER and had several seizures. That should be enough to make every one in here relize just how important keeping intake under control is necessary. It sure did me. I have tried the Atkins diet in the past and lost alot of weight on it but again lulled right back to my sugar and caffiene highs. This time I have no choice ~~ I want to dance at my grand childrens weddings. Ian, Kyle and Anna (Thus the IKA) Gram.
I am not on the Atkins diet at this time I am on the diabetes diet. But I NEED all the help and support I can get ~~ I have 150# to lose ~~ So if it is alright I will hang out here and listen to the advise and comments

puddypark
Sun, Jan-23-05, 14:52
You can and will do this!!!! Best of luck! If you need anything just holler!!!!!