PDA

View Full Version : New arrival in need of help!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Phat kat
Sat, Jan-22-05, 20:05
Hello, I am Phat kat, and I am new to Atkins and to the forum.

I need some help... I am in induction (day 3) and not yet in ketosis. Meantime I am having a really hard time finding ham or bacon without sugar in the supermarkets in/around Carmel, California. I really would appreciate suggestions because I have a yeast problem and cannnot touch cheeses, so unless I get some help with the ham, bacon thing my food choices in induction are pretty limited... I'd appreciate either brand names that have worked for you, or organic farms or companies that deliver sugarless versions of these.
All comments welcome!

phat

Jiggerz
Sat, Jan-22-05, 21:07
Boy, I don't know.... I'm in Michigan, and fortunately there's usually a 'no sugar added, low sodium' version to be found. If you can't find anything, maybe you could ask the store manager at your grocery store to stock some? I've done that before with other things, and they're more than happy to add it.

Btw, you might check out the recipe's section of the forum.. theres alot of alternatives in there for Induction levels..... I don't even eat bacon/ham much anymore because there are so many other options.... with less sodium.

Good luck in your search,

Michelle

MissScruff
Sun, Jan-23-05, 11:41
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif
I buy sugar free bacon at Wal-mart! Well, here in Tennessee, but they might carry it out your way as well!

Phat kat
Sun, Jan-23-05, 23:21
Well, first of all hi!

and second: send me the brand names, please!

Phat