PDA

View Full Version : Coming out (of lurking, that is)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

redsandals
Fri, Jan-21-05, 18:36
Hello, I want to introduce myself and become involved instead of lurking in the shadows... I did Atkins two years ago and quickly lost about 45 pounds, and then hit a wall, no matter what I did I couldn't lose another pound... Eventually, after about 5 or 6 months of not losing, I gradually got off the program (not a decision, just gradual backsliding).

I believe in the lc life, and I have never go back to eating sugar and flour on a regular basis.

Having said that, I decided to give this a serious shot again, and since November I have lost 4 pounds .. that is a pound a month... I have been eating 20-carbs a day or less, 1500 calories a day (roughly), and even walked an hour a day for a month there, but weight loss is nearly non-existent. SO... I am shooting for accountability!

Anyways, all you folks are a wonderful encouragement -- thank you for being here.

DaddioM
Sat, Jan-22-05, 01:28
Wecome back!! Start a journal and record your thoughts, food, and exercise if you want accountability!

Mike

brwniidgrl
Sat, Jan-22-05, 01:40
Have you tried ketosis strips to see if your body has gone back into ketosis?