PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and need help and encouragement!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

birkdale
Thu, Jan-20-05, 10:04
I started a low carb diet (no particular one this time) two weeks ago and have so far dropped 5 pounds. Two years ago I did Atkins and lost nearly two stone in 8 weeks!! This time round it seems much slower and I'm feeling a little deprerssed about it (sounds stupid in such a short length of time I know.) The first week I lost 3 pounds and two pounds this week. I'm cutting the carbs to a minimum and drinking plenty of water. I am allowing myself a couple of glasses of red wine or a g&t in the evenings as according to my carb counter book they have no carbs (the tonic is slimline). I was wondering if that's what's causing the weight to come off slower this time than last time??

Do most people get to a plateau this soon or is it later in the programme?? My husband has lost 11 pounds in the same period (although he has much more to lose).

I love low carb diets as you don't feel deprived and in the back of my mind I know they work but I'm a little disheartened. :help:

fyler
Thu, Jan-20-05, 11:13
No reason to be disheartened. You have lost over 20% of
your total desired weight loss. The second time around the
weight often comes off more slowly. And yes, men regularly
have an advantage in weightloss.

birkdale
Thu, Jan-20-05, 11:24
Thanks for the encouragement. Decided to keep plugging on although must stop weighing every day and have decided to stick religiously with Atkins induction to see if that gets things kickstarted more quickly. :)

PKV
Thu, Jan-20-05, 14:02
Welcome and best of luck :)

maymade
Thu, Jan-20-05, 15:19
Hey! I'm new too-- I know what it's like to have the excitement of good weightloss and suddenly experience a halt.. In my case it was weight rebound! But anyway, I think you are doing just great, it always seems slow at first but then you forget about it as the first few weeks go by!

amygray
Thu, Jan-20-05, 15:33
:help: :help: I started a low carb diet (no particular one this time) two weeks ago and have so far dropped 5 pounds. Two years ago I did Atkins and lost nearly two stone in 8 weeks!! This time round it seems much slower and I'm feeling a little deprerssed about it (sounds stupid in such a short length of time I know.) The first week I lost 3 pounds and two pounds this week. I'm cutting the carbs to a minimum and drinking plenty of water. I am allowing myself a couple of glasses of red wine or a g&t in the evenings as according to my carb counter book they have no carbs (the tonic is slimline). I was wondering if that's what's causing the weight to come off slower this time than last time??

Do most people get to a plateau this soon or is it later in the programme?? My husband has lost 11 pounds in the same period (although he has much more to lose).

I love low carb diets as you don't feel deprived and in the back of my mind I know they work but I'm a little disheartened. :help:

amygray
Thu, Jan-20-05, 15:35
I'm having the same difficulty. I'm NOT cheating and Not drinking any alcohol, only water and maybe a diet soda. No loss in about a week. It makes it hard not to give up. I keep telling myself, I'll loose 2 or 3 pounds any day now. :p :p

amygray
Thu, Jan-20-05, 15:38
I did Adkins 2 years ago and lost 30 pounds,,,,very quickly. Gained it all back the same way...very quickly. I'm worried about that happening again. I hope my "plan" works to keep it off this time.