PDA

View Full Version : I'm new!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

luciew
Thu, Jan-20-05, 09:42
Hi guys and girls,

I have used Atkins to recover from a compulsive eating disorder and stabilise my weight. My weight has been stable for 2 years now and I have got rid of my candida. Every time I have given up smoking in the past, I have overeaten and ended up smoking again. I have been quit for 17 days now with the patch and have gone back on induction (under 20 grams carbs per day) and I have put on 3 pounds... aaahhhhggg!! how is this possible? any ideas? it does feel different this time, because I never want to go through this again, I really am not going to smoke again, no matter what the weight does, but my God it's tough! I'm terrified the scales are just going to keep going up and up. Oh well that's me, just got to hang in there and take it a day at a time I guess.

Love and light x

5cats
Thu, Jan-20-05, 09:55
I know it's awfully hard to quit smoking, but you can and will do it. I read somewhere yesterday on this forum about the smoking thing...that it takes your metabolism sometime to get use to your not smoking. I think smoking makes your metabolism burn faster than not smoking. So, don't get discouraged on the #'s on the scale..they may go up, but once your system stablizes you should see the #'s go down. I found that chewing straws helped me, but I am sure everyone has their own tricks. I would think too, if you need something crunchy in your mouth to try some celery stalks.

Good luck.
Kristine

rach1786
Thu, Jan-20-05, 11:55
Good luck :-)

bob2112
Thu, Jan-20-05, 13:08
Welcome aboard and best of luck.

sjkling
Thu, Jan-20-05, 13:11
welcome! hang in there! i admire your strength!

PKV
Thu, Jan-20-05, 13:59
Welcome and best of luck :)