PDA

View Full Version : student needs help for a paper

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ursula32
Tue, Jan-18-05, 14:07
dear dieters! my name is ursula, I am a studen in Austria, working on a paper about the atkins diet and other diet forms. for my work I need some expert opinions and therefore I would ask you to answer only a few questions. They will help me to know more about the Atkins diet and how it works!
why did you want to lose weight?
why did you chose the Atkins diet?
how long did you follow the diet program?
how did you feel during the diet - physical and psychical?
how many weight did you lose and did you regain some pounds?
did you change your cooking habits and/or did you buy the low-carb products? (In Austria you can't buy these products at all!!)
Would you recommend the Atkins diet to your friends?
how is the public opinion about the Atkins diet and overweight in general in the USA?
Thank you very much for your help! I hope you could already - or will soon reach your dream weight! ****************

spiritof72
Wed, Jan-19-05, 22:27
Hello, Ursula.

You may not get a lot of answers here in this thread, but you should be able to find answers to most of your questions by visiting the journals and statistics pages of the members of the forum. For instance, if you click on my name at the beginning of this post, you will find out my starting weight, how much weight I've lost, how long I've been doing Atkins, and what I want to weigh.

You may be required to do a lot of reading on this forum to get all the answers you need, but they're here. Good luck!

Iowagirl
Thu, Jan-20-05, 15:02
I'll answer!
1. I needed to lose because my mother was diagnosed with diabetes and I had no intention of following in those footsteps.
2. I chose Atkins because a woman I work with was doing it and had lost a lot of weight. When I asked her about it the description just really struck a chord. I was fascinated and ran to the library to get a copy of the book.
3. I have been low carbing for nearly 3 years.
4. I feel great!
5. I have lost about 30 pounds, regained 5.
6. Changed my habits, sometimes buy the lc products.
7. I DO recommend Atkins to my friends.
8. I can't speak for the whole US but we all seem to know there is an obesity problem, divided on what to do about it.

Might I suggest you post these questions again - in the Atkins thread.