PDA

View Full Version : Good protein drink before workout?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Stutz101
Tue, Jan-18-05, 09:25
I usually workout at night and eat a coupld of hours before, so it isn't a problem during the week. However on weekends, I like to work out first thing in the morning. I want to make sure that my body has something to sustain itself without having to wait a while to digest before I work out (might lose the motivation to go to the gym while I wait). I wondering if drinking a protein drink or shake about 60 - 30 minutes before I work out would help. Can anyone recommend some good ones?

Thanks!
Christy

hyPnotiK
Tue, Jan-18-05, 23:38
In the mornings, if you are looking to loose weight, have a nice protein drink, don't eat, hit the cardio for 30-45 minutes, come back home have a nice big breakfast to get you going through the day, and then follow the rest of your plan.

If you are hitting the weights in the morning (which is not a bad thing). Eat your fairshare of carbs, protein and anything healthy.

Before workouts the main reason you would drink protein shakes is when your workout is geared towards shedding those extra pounds. You want to maintain your muscle mass, while shedding off the extra bull****.

dane
Wed, Jan-19-05, 04:02
Designer Whey protein powder, French vanilla flavor, blended w/ half c milk and half c frozen strawberries, a little splenda to taste. :yum:

Audrey2005
Sun, Jan-30-05, 12:03
I LOVE Designer Whey!! :agree: :agree: I'll have that instead of the chocolate milkshake I used to have.It's WONderful!