PDA

View Full Version : New member to the forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kbfunTH
Mon, Jan-17-05, 22:07
Just saying hello. :wave:

katticus
Mon, Jan-17-05, 22:27
Hi there! Welcome to the forum! What is Dr Ellis? I haven't heard of it...

Hope you have fun here!

Cheers,

Katt

kbfunTH
Mon, Jan-17-05, 23:35
Thank you. Dr. Ellis is the author of "Ultimate Diet Secrets" as well as other books like "NetCarb Scam", "There Is No Fountain of Youth", "Vitamin and Mineral Hoax."

I have only read UDS so far. Liked it very much and found it extremely helpful in bodyweight management. From reading his book, he is a supporter of low-carb eating. Fortunately, UDS goes way beyond this.

sugarnana
Tue, Jan-18-05, 00:06
Newbie Sugarnana here and I just want to say HI.I really need help and I am looking forward to meeting other members especially in the over 60(age) group! I would likr to follow the Carbohydrate Addicts plan sinceI have been insulin resistant for a long time.I succeeded in losing some weight on this plan several years ago but played it very loosely! Being here gives me hope.
SN

kbfunTH
Tue, Jan-18-05, 00:15
Newbie Sugarnana here and I just want to say HI.I really need help and I am looking forward to meeting other members especially in the over 60(age) group! I would likr to follow the Carbohydrate Addicts plan sinceI have been insulin resistant for a long time.I succeeded in losing some weight on this plan several years ago but played it very loosely! Being here gives me hope.
SN

Hello SN.

Start with gradually lowering your carb intake ('til around 25% or even less) and picking up your daily activity level (walking, weight lifting(if you can)). Start with something you can live with and pick it up from there.

There's plenty of hope to go around. :cheer:

sugarnana
Tue, Jan-18-05, 00:44
:) Thank you,glad to make your acquaintance! I recently bought the Drs.Heller's book,forget the title,but it describes 7 days to get back into the plan.It is still in the bag but I am going to take it out,read it and follow it! :agree:

Good night all~good dreams

SN

kbfunTH
Sun, Feb-27-05, 23:14
How you doing with the new book? How's the insulin resistence? It should be getting better over time.

I would like to recommend Dr. Ellis' Ultimate Diet Secrets.

sugarnana
Mon, Feb-28-05, 14:30
undefinedI am not doing well at all,thank you for asking. :sunny: :sunny: Where do I find Dr Ellis"s book? :help: :q: :confused:
SN

Sweetcake
Mon, Feb-28-05, 17:39
Welcome to the forum!!

sugarnana
Tue, Mar-01-05, 19:35
Hello Sweetcake,I think Sugar nana and sweetcake sound great together! :p
Congrats on your 101% progress.May i ask the time it took? :q:

SN

Rosina
Wed, Mar-02-05, 01:22
Sweetcake, i loved your slide show! Congratulations! You not only lost pounds, but also years off your back. I also have to lose a lot of weight (100 pounds), and what preocupies me is how my skin (and my DD chest) is going to handle the shrinking, have you got any input on this?

meplus1
Wed, Mar-02-05, 04:15
I am also new here, have been reading hte posts and looking at pics for weeks...just decided to really dig into the Lc Way of Life....Wanted to say Welcome to the board Im sure all us newbies will get lots of useful info and support from the wonderful people here...Also wanted to say to Sweetcake, you are truly an inspiration.....Congratulations on a great job!!!!!!

Meplus1

bob2112
Wed, Mar-02-05, 07:13
Welcome aboard.